Any work on a WiFi only emonTx?

I’ve been offline for a while and slowly dipping in and catching up, but I like the emonESP solution on the emonTx - would certainly sort some things out for me later on.

Can’t find mention of this in the “plan” that @TrystanLea posted a while back, but any plans for a more integrated emonTx “WiFi” maybe without the RFM part etc. ?

Hello @peter, the EmonTx with ESP8266 adapter you mention is still available Using the EmonTx v3 with the ESP8266 Huzzah WIFI module,

There is the IotaWatt https://shop.openenergymonitor.com/iotawatt

and we are also working on an idea to use the STM32 as a core with a variety of communication options but its some way off at this point, see: STM32 Hardware Development and STM32 Development

1 Like

Thanks, I was just hoping something less Frankenstein and in the same form factor than the current mod-possible version - in my naivety I would think somehow swapping the RFM module for the WiFi would (with obvious work) allow the whole thing to fix in a similar sized case and maybe at a similar price point. The iotawatt is too big and too much for my use case(s).