Wired as Type 1 but will set up only as Type 2

That is indeed the reason.

No the allow positive is working fine, when you think about it, your consumption (use_kwh) will always be positive so the “allow positive” has no effect as everything passes it.

You really need to concentrate on the current values not the history, that’s why this hasn’t come to light sooner. If your import and use are always the same, that means generation is having no impact, this should stand out when you look at the current values because when you are producing more than you are consuming you are exporting, you should be showing zero import power and import_kwh should not be increasing.

This explains why the mysolar values at the foot of the page are consistently wrong (0%,100%,100%).

I have looked back through the threads and found the inputprocessing is in fact still incorrect. The correction made by Glyn to emoncms.org is not right and we are wrong to copy that.

There is a “quick fix” to add a minus input “solar” just above the “allow positive” but I would be tempted to just redo the input processing “correctly” by following the guide for type2

Although I have to say that guide could be clearer, that’s a whole lot of bold text given the statement in the blue box.

If you follow that guide your input process lists should end up as

power1 power2
1 allow positive log2feed “solar”
2 log2feed “import” power2kwh “solar_kwh”
3 power2kwh “import_kwh” +input “power1”
4 log2feed “use”
5 power2kwh “use_kwh”

However, IMO that arrangement is vulnerable to minor errors creeping in because the input1 could change and/or not be the value that is persisted if using feedwriter. Plus I like to record the raw input data for debugging etc. So I would use

power1 power2
1 log2feed “grid” log2feed “solar”
2 allow positive power2kwh “solar_kwh”
3 log2feed “import” +feed “grid”
4 power2kwh “import_kwh” log2feed “use”
5 power2kwh “use_kwh”

[although on emoncms.org, this will cost you slightly more because of the additional feed.]

Sorry i originally missed the error as we assumed emoncms.org to be correct, but in my defence I did refer to the current values being wrong at the bottom of the “correct” mysolar app. I hope this finally gets you sorted.

Hi Paul
I have applied your suggested fix & it all seems to be working now I will post a screenshot when the History’s have had a few days to update. Thank you both for your help it is very much appreciated.

Sounds good!

Which “fix” did you go for? Just added a subtract solar line, redo as per the guide or redo as per the guide plus (using +feed not +input)?

Wow are you sure? That’s pretty good, Glyns away at Fully Charged Live (Fully Charged Live 7th, 8th and 9th June 2019 (Silverstone, UK)) I’m surprised he found time to even check the forum let alone correct your input processing.

yes my mistake I loaded another page as local instead of org but I applied your Quick fix to the org site which has corrected the figures. I started all new _kw feeds on the local site to clear out the origional corrupt starting figures.

1 Like

I did your full recommended process list+feed to the local site and cleared out all old feeds, and the minus input solar on the org site

1 Like