Fully Charged Live 7th, 8th and 9th June 2019 (Silverstone, UK)

We don’t generally attend or exhibit at many trade shows and events, however last year we made an exception for Fully Charged Live (FCL). Fully Charged is a popular YouTube channel about EV’s and clean tech started by Robert Llewellyn, it’s well worth a watch.

Last year was the first ever FCL event focusing on electric vehicles and clean energy tech. @TrystanLea and I enjoyed exhibiting OpenEnergyMonitor, it was fantastic to speak to so many enthusiastic and knowledgable people who ‘get it’ when it comes to the changes required to avoid climate change. It was a very inspirational and motivating event.

This year we’re making the same exception and will be attending and exhibiting again. Please come along and join us! It would be great to meet members from the community. Myself, @TrystanLea, @Gwil and probably @emrys (on some days) will be there. The OpenEnergyMonitor stand will be in stall B12 in Hall 2.

My wife will also be exhibiting our DIY EV Campervan Converison outside in the Silverstone paddock.

More info on Fully Chaged Live and Ticket Booking Info here

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5476fc09e4b0cbafa1efe319/t/5c82482bb208fc7a2f953b0f/1552042057843/FC-LIVE-POSTER-FOR-WEB.jpg?format=2500w

This year it sounds like FCL will be significantly larger with every EV motor manufacturer and lots of clean tech companies attending and bookable EV test drives round the Silverstone track! There will also be lots of interesting panel discussions:

Live Sessions (subject to change)

Friday 7th June: ‘Keynote Interview No.1’ | ‘What’s the same as a cheeseburger? And why what we eat matters’ | ‘The importance of cool concept cars’ | ‘Shouldn’t we be doing more walking, running & cycling?’ | ‘Wind, Solar & Storage’ | ‘When it comes to Energy & Transport how is the UK doing?’ | ‘Autonomous Vehicles: how soon is now?’ | ‘Electric Planes, Trains & Nautical Vessels’ | ‘Car Ownership, but not as you know it’ | ‘How to have a Fully Charged career’

Saturday 8th June : ‘Keynote Interview No.2’ | ‘Make your own eco-home or retrofit your own?’| ‘How to choose an Electric Car’ | ‘Making sustainability more appealing to your friends and family’ | ‘Can batteries really be ethical, recyclable and sustainable?’ | ‘Electric Vehicle myths busted!’ | ‘How to stop burning money; efficiency & heat at home’ | ‘Future disruptors to Energy & Transport’ | ‘Vehicle-to-Grid; who, how, where & when’ | ‘How can energy tariffs change your consumption?’ | ‘Converting classic cars’

Sunday 9th June: ‘Keynote interview No.3’ | ‘Can community energy be the answer?’ | ‘Can Electric Vehicles compete’ | ‘What do you need to know about particulate & tyre pollution?’ | ‘Who are the leading nations and what are they doing?’ | ‘Plastic pollution, the circular economy and hyper-consumerism’ | ‘Micro-mobility: Scooters, E-Bikes and Motorbikes’ | ‘The next wave: Fusion, Hydrogen, Tidal & Wave’ | ‘Electric Car round-up’

2 Likes

Let us know if you’re coming to FCL by replying to this thread.

We’re looking forward to meeting any community members who can make it along.

I’ll be going on the Saturday. Will make a point to pop along to the OEM stand to have a natter if you’re there Glyn.

1 Like

I’d have expected a few more goind to FCL.
Oh well, see you there @glyn.hudson & @moojuiceuk .

Yes, we’re here! Hopefully see you at some point. It’s BIG this year! Significantly larger than last year

Lots of broken links in your post for some reason. Maybe embedding twitter in other sites is not allowed? Or somesuch.

All the ones I’ve checked seem OK to me. Which exactly can’t you see?

All of them.

From memory, don’t you keep your machine locked down quite tightly? Could it be that, which is preventing you from accessing the links?
#FullyChargedLIVE
@glynhudson
@TrystanLea
https://t.co/eWelb7boPE
all work for me.

I noticed the same thing with Firefox runing on Windoze.

Changed to Chrome, (also on Win) and everything worked OK.

I’m a new user here, but have been using the openevse board in a home assembled 3phase EVSE for several months.

I foolishly assumed the openenergymonitor project was American, and was completely shocked to see the stand at Fully Charged Live. If i’d done my research, i’d have realised I was talking to the core team themselves :smiley: Anyway, after a great chat with someone there, I realised the project really is about doing the right thing, and not about selling me all the gear at vast profits, which couldn’t be said of many of the other stands who were doing the sell,sell,sell routine.

Can’t wait to delve deeper into openeenergymonitor/emncms with my hopefully off-grid EV charging setup.

The detailed physical layout demonstrated at Fully Charged Live by you guys was the best of all stands, and the explanation was practical, another stand Phoenix Contact who manufactured charging equipment products was also very informative (despite not likely to sell to the retail/diy side of things!), sadly very little else seemed to grab my attention in this way! Glad you made an exception to the norm, and went to a trade show!

Was Excellent - Thank You :smile:

5 Likes

I visited FCL last year and as a result of discussions with Glyn, went on to build / install the EmonPi solar bundle which, via EmonCMS provides excellent graphical monitoring. I then bought the EVSE kit and replaced my ‘dumb’ car charger, again giving me total control over charging and monitoring. Then adding an EmonTx has enabled me to put surplus PV into a hot water storage solution (Sunamp), using Robin Emley’s Mk2 PV Router kit. All working very well and my experience with sales and backup has been brilliant.

I visited again this year (Friday) and chatted briefly with Glyn and Trystan, giving my feedback and asking a couple of questions. I discovered that my Solar Divert setup using the burst-mode router needs a swap to the later ‘Constant Monitoring’ firmware for the EmonTX, which will give a better representation and accuracy of reported divert energy.

So, thanks, guys for all your help - I do try to recommend your products as widely as possible!

Cheers, Andy Silvester

4 Likes

Hello Andy, good to meet you at FCL, I’ve talked to @Gwil who discussed this with you on the phone yesterday and we are sending you an EmonTx with the continuous monitoring firmware.

For others interested in the continuous monitoring library by @Robert.Wall please see the forum post here: EmonLibCM - Version 2.2.1 (Released 30/10/2021)

Thanks, Trystan - great work!

I’ll be sure to swap-out the hardware as soon as I receive it and return the original as agreed. I’ll also follow-up on the results.

Thanks again (Yourself, Glyn and Gwil) for a very quick and professional response.
Andy

2 Likes

I’ve had a look at the source. They’re all third-party images, hosted by twitter. I can well imagine my system is set up to not load third-party images; I can’t be bothered to check.

@sbfox thanks a lot for your kind words. We really enjoyed chatting with so many informed and enthusiastic people at FCL. It was even bigger then last year, apparently 10k people over the 3 days.

I briefly saw the Phoenix stand, but forgot to go over to have a closer look later in the day when things were quiter. Looked super interesting. Too many things to see! Ah well, looking forward to next year already. :grinning:

Feeling very motivated…and a little tired in the office this week.

Yes, it was a really good show! Very interesting chat on your stand. Also had a chance to really throw a Renault Zoe around the track too :grin: I swear it’s Renault’s best kept secret.

1 Like