Wired as Type 1 but will set up only as Type 2

That sounds odd! I can only guess that possibly this is a quirk/bug, I’m just thinking out loud here, but, in theory if there are either feed writes already buffered, or a feed’s last value held in Redis somewhere, then that could result in the first new datapoint being wrong.

No, I think perhaps try it on one, until we know what the outcome might be! I would even go back and try it a couple more times if it doesn’t work first time, perhaps it was just a timing thing and you happened to catch it just before it was about to write that datapoint, ie it was already destined to be written before the feed was cleared.

Ok should I try the use feed first that seems to be some part responsible for the above below the line bars

I doubt the use feed will have a problem as it is not an increasing total like the kwh feeds, the solar_kwh and import_kwh feeds are going to be the tricky ones. If there are any stray “old” power datapoints, no one would notice as the data has been correct for days. In fact, you could probably even use trim and keep the last few days data instead, but I don’t think it much matters which you use for the power feeds.

I trimmed the solar_ kwh feed to 23/5/19 18:04 and the history graph has emptied will just Waite now till it starts to populate.

does it matter it is starting at 330.3 or will it go to zero if I remove all data

I think your getting some wires crossed there.

kwh feeds are totals that increase wth each update, trimming them has no effect on the current value, it will not reset because all you have done is removed the history, you must reset or clear the whole data so that the next iteration of the “power to kwh” process adds it’s increase to “null” or to “zero” and the new total will then equal what ever kwh’s has been generated/used in the last 10 seconds, ie it starts again from fresh.

Power feeds just record the mean power for the (10s) period so you can trim those no problem.

Did you “trim” or “clear” the use_kwh feed? They are very different things! If you trimmed it before you deleted it, that’s why it didn’t work and the -1164 was retained, just as you have just seen with the solar_kwh. What happens if you clear the solar_kwh feed?

Or do you not want to clear it? You ask me if the 330 value is ok, I don’t know, is that value realistic? I suspect not, but if you are asking me, I suspect you are not bothered by it?

I don’t know if 330 is ok, but yes it should pretty much zero if you clear all data and not trim.

Got it, I wanted to zero so tried the clear all a couple of times but it still reverts to 335.4. will Waite till Sunday to see how the graphs develop.

after%202nd%20delete%20solar%20kwh

Ok, these “trim” and “clear” features were written by @emrys, perhaps he might have a better idea of why that might be, hopefully he might see this thread by then and offer some wise words.

Hi Paul
I am posting the history graphs which show the correct figures for use & solar, but direct & export are incorrect & grid appears to be tracking solar, but if you click through any bar it takes you to the correct figures in the graph. When I restarted them 6 days ago I set up new _kwh feeds as _kwh2 linked the app to them and started the three new feeds all within a few minutes of each other & the power view figures are all correct.

I am still running the origional _kwh Feeds in another Solar app and that shows a consistent export tracking solar, and grid tracking use. but the problem only appears in history. As the bars gradually build up and compress it probably won’t matter, I just wonder if it is a symptom of something I am doing wrong.

I’m sorry I’m not sure I’m getting a clear picture of the issue, so in general terms. If you have duplicated the feeds to another app, then these should be identical for the last couple of days or so because the energy calculations are based on the feed delta’s (_kwh feeds) so historic data should have no impact once that day is over.

You could show us your input processing if you want us to take a look. If I were to take a stab at guessing what the issue might be, assuming no accidents like wrong feeds selected in the app, I might think that you are either missing the import(_kwh) or providing “export” as import. But that’s just a guess based on the 0%,100%,100% in that last pic.

Hi Paul
here are the process list for the _kwh2 feeds which are the first three pics. The last pic was for the original _kwh feed

The first thing that sticks out in these pics is line 8 of the first pic, it shows you are logging import energy to “import_kw2” whilst the app appears to be using “import_kwh2”.

What edits would you advise I make to that process list.

Either the app or the processlist needs to be changed to use the correct feed, which is the correct feed “import_kw2” or “import_kwh2”? The name is unimportant at this point, which has the most correct data in? Whichever you chose, rename the other one something obviously different eg “TRASH_import_kwh2” (you can delete it later) and if needed/wanted rename the feed you are using to the name it should be. Once you have separated the correct and wrong feeds, check both the processlist and the app are using the right feed. You only need to change the feed selection in the processlist or app if they are not using the same correct feed.

Are you sure?

That image shows you have generated 15.5kWh of solar energy today and exported 100% of that, ie you didn’t use a single kWh of electricity the whole time the sun was up, but you did use 20.5kWh of energy entirely during the dark hours.

This is the clickthrough from that reading as you can see the click throughs seem to be correct only the history is wrong & everything else seems to be working OK

that kw kwh is my typo error when setting up the feeds I hadn’t noticed it.
Changing the app appears easiest, what do I set the feeds in the app to., there isn’t a import_kwh2

My guess would be “import_kw2”. Or you could just rename the “import_kw2” feed to “import_kwh2” on the feeds page.

Iv’e done that, nothing has changed at the moment does it need a full day of new data to change

app%20after%20name%20change

You do have over a days worth of data if the feed was created days ago and has been logged to ever since.

Have you tried refreshing the app (maybe ctrl-f5 too?). You could try reselecting the (same) feed in the app and re save the config to nudge things.

Is the feed updating in the feeds page ok? Has the input processing changed to reflect the new feed name?

I did a refresh and the history has changed to this if you compare with above you can see what the end bar has reset to, and the previous 4 bars have all reset in the same manor. Strangely this is exactly what happens in the emoncms.org site and that was set up by Glyn for me.
I just went back through my screenshots and the feeds use & import allways seem to have the same value even on the org site is the allow positive not working or am I understanding it wrong

Hi Paul I am still having trouble with the history bars do you think this is related to the fact that the imprt_kwh2 and use kwh2 have the same values, and is that because the allow positive is not working