Vaillant Arotherm Owners Thread

We are getting a Arotherm R290 5kW heatpump in two weeks and I wont be able to afford to also install a full emonHP kit but I have read here on the forum that most of the data from the app can be exported to Home Assistant (HA). My understanding is that in general, the monitoring equipment in the Vaillant heatpumps is pretty decent anyway. Can this data be imported to OEM so that my system can be shown on heatpumpmonitor.org? If so, what more than the HA setup do I need to enable this?

I’m pulling data directly into EmonCMS without HA, if that helps:

Note that this can only show electrical consumption and flow temperature, so not heat produced. Good enough to monitor behaviour but not to calculate COP. I’ll try to update that thread with my latest improvements soon…

If you prefer the HA route, there is an emoncms integration that can sync that data for you.

1 Like

Hi there , I have set my 7kw on a 0.35 curve… The outside temperature according the the weather comp sensor seems to be around 12.17 Deg. C. Indoor target temperature is set at 19C. Would anyone know why the flow temperature is as high as around 30C … Is there some additional override or logic driving up the flow temperature which should have been much lesser if we just looked at the 0.35 curve

Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 21.46.20

This is how it works. There is no logic pushing flow temperature up further, instead it’s almost certainly the fact that demand < min modulation. In this situation, the actual flow temperature will be higher than actual flow temperature for a time until the energy integral rises to 0. Take a look blog post I helped @Zarch write for details of how this control mechanism works.

1 Like

@dfeist Thank you so much … makes sense !

Hi,

Posting here in this discussion, please let me know if there is a need for a new post or not.

I have HA, several sensors and edbus on my vaillant gas boiler.
I am going to install an Arotherm+ 55 and would like to have it on heatpumpmonitor in order to find the correct COP.
I imagine that I will find the heatpump entities in HA in order to send them to emonscms?
I already sends 2 for testing ( room temp and outside temp)
but I have my doubts about some of them:

• heatpump_elec (Electric use in watts): available?
  • heatpump_elec_kwh: I’ve read that this Vaillant meter is MID, so that’s OK.
  • Flow rate: available? or is a meter like the Axioma useful?
  • FlowT and ReturnT will be available I imagine, as duplicates if Axioma is useful.

Anything else needed ?

and concerning the Heatpump Dashboard in Emonscms apps, is it created automatically as soon as all the necessary feeds are available?

Thanks for your answers already

Ulric

Everything is available, but temperatures would be using Vaillant temp sensors which aren’t always accurate. From my experience power and flow rate are accurate from Vaillant, but not temp sensors. If you want accurate heat meter you’r best using external MID-certified flow meter with temp sensors

1 Like

Thanks!

… I just read your post about that, will add 2 flow T sensors.

And about the firmware, mine is a 03/2023 build, I checked the firmware and I’m lucky, it’s not 351.06.07 but the 351.09.01