My Solar PV Battery app

Fantastic, it works great now! Thanks!

I have another question about how the data is reported in your app. I noticed that your “D” view reports the last 24 hours. Is there a way for me to see the data for the current day so that the PV production is reset at 12am? Thanks!

Replying to my own post since it doesn’t appear I can edit:

If you are an idiot like me, just hitting the History tab, it shows you daily totals including today’s ongoing data.

Sorry to bother again, but the error below is still occurring if I click on the Week, Month, or Year view and hover over the graph.

EmonCMS Error

Message: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘series.data[item.dataIndex][1]’)

Also I have a question about the historical data. If I click on history and then hover over a given day, if I click on that day the numbers change significantly. I’m confused by the “Grid Charge” number which points toward the charging number for the solar → battery. What does this indicate?

Thanks!

1 Like

Cheers will take a look and get this fixed

I’ve fixed the series.data error. I assume that was with the standard MySolar app rather than the MySolar battery app?

Grid charge should indicate charging of the battery from the grid. Can you give a screenshot example of what is confusing? If the values dont look right, I wonder if it’s feed configuration related…?

So my powerwalls are solar only charged. The only exception would be Storm Watch, which hasn’t happened recently.

Still getting series.data errors but only when the data set is incomplete (ie if I select W and have an entire week of data no problem).

@TrystanLea , I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I can’t get the import feed name to work:
I’ve created virtual feeds as instructed:
but they don’t show up when trying to select on the app:

Cheers
James

Hello people,
I am using this application but I noticed it doesn’t seem designed to accept negative values. This is particularly impacting battery discharge in watts and discharge in kwh. Battery charge and discharge values come from a device called Victron Battery monitor which monitors what goes in and out of the battery. The values reported are negative for discharge. I noticed the battery App does not recognize this negative discharge value and represents it as 0.

Is there anything that can be done to remedy this?

This question is being addressed here: Understanding My Solar Battery Application - #2 by Thomas_Adeyinka
Please do not cross-post. Moderator (RW)

Hello @James_Roberts did you get this to work? Looks like you are using the postprocess module to try and calculate historic data? import_sim is a feed that already exists so it will need a unique name to work.

I think you may be getting mixed up on the virtual feeds / configuration. What feeds do you have historic data recorded in? the feeds listed in the screenshot all look like they are empty / have no data coming in?

Hi @TrystanLea,
I didn’t get this to work unfortunately. I am using the standard setup, so the actual feeds I have are:

You’re correct in that I’m confused, I’ve tried a couple of times to follow the instructions, but just can’t get it to recognise the grid import feed name - either import or import_sim

import and import_kwh both have jistoric data, despite the feeds list showing as n/a:

:expressionless:

Cheers
james

you may need to click on ‘Refresh feed size’ at the bottom of the feeds page.

Once you have done that, which of the following feeds do you already have?

• use / house consumption in Watts
  • solar generation in Watts
  • battery charge in Watts
  • battery discharge in Watts
  • battery SOC (state of charge)

and energy:

• use / house consumption in cumulative kWh
  • solar generation in cumulative kWh
  • battery charge in cumulative kWh
  • battery discharge in cumulative kWh
  • import energy in cumulative kWh
  • solar direct in cumulative kWh

Hi @TrystanLea,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Refreshed feeds:

I 'm using (I think) a standard emontx setup, so just have those feeds, I added the _sim fields recently in my attempts to setup a battery simulator, I’ve highlighted the ones I believe I have in bold:

Cheers
James

Hello @James_Roberts sorry for the delay, do you have a battery or are you wanting to simulate the battery to see what effect it would have?

Hi @TrystanLea, The latter - I want to simulate the battery to see the effect.

Cheers
James

Hi, do you know if this ever came into being? I am struggling to make sense of the app headings as one seems to call the house use with divert, while the other calls house use without it as they are not aware of each other I guess.

Hi Mark, not as far as I know. I tried modifying the source code and had some success, but then the app was updated and my mods stopped working. In the end I used a combination of the standard My Solar Battery app and Home Assistant to monitor everything I wanted (including divert).

Ok great, I would delete the import_sim and import_sim_kwh , not sure why they are virtual feeds, or ignore them for now. You should just need the solar and consumption feed as inputs and then the post processor will generate all the other feeds, make sure that you have CREATE NEW selected for each of the output feeds. You may need to run the emoncms updater as there have been some recent changes to the post process module.

Here’s a screenshot of what this should look like:

Hi @TrystanLea ,

Thanks for following up - not sure what’s happening here, I’ve just done an update to make sure I’m on the same version (yes), but get a different looking screen to yours:

I.e. non of the options you do

I’ve tried doing this both before and after trying to add a My Solar & Battery App

Cheers
James