DIYBMS v4 Missing Components

I ordered direct from TI. There are a few legitimate sources out there but be prepared to pay a premium on them as there is limited supply (TI was normal prices).

Thank you, i hope you right. I have not connect the shunt into my set up yet, still trying to get
Ina218. Cant seem to find it

Is there a different between ina218p, ina218pa, ina218u? Thanks

you should be looking for INA228 not 218 afaik!

V.

Yes, i just realized that mistyped. So INA228AIDGSR is not going to be available for almost a year, is there any other chip can be in it place?

Mike,

just got around to ordering the INA228 and it’s not in stock even at TI :frowning:
Just as I managed to order all the other bits. Any pointers welcomed!

cheers

V.

PS. would be happy with a DIP equivalent (and modding all the board!) but I doubt there is one…

I’m not aware of any DIP packaged variants of this unfortunately. You could possibly buy a sacrificial module that uses an INA228 and “salvage” the part from it though.

thanks Mike,
Mouser has one at 57euro :flushed: not going to happen!
will keep on searching!

Yikes! That is worse than the CAN transceiver chips going for upwards of $10 USD each (normally $1.50 USD or lower)

CAN is easy as there are dip8 versions and I’ve already modded (and use!) such one… Hence me asking for dips, bit of an effort to mod the pcb but works fine afterwards.
Digikey also has eval boards for 58usd :frowning:

still searching for an INA228 equivalent (in any format!)
came across ISL28022.
Am I right in thinking that it would fit the bill? haven’t checked wiring yet. Mind I’m only going to be building 24V banks so the 85V of the INA228 are ott.
Seem to be able to get breakout boards for 20quid, Mouser has no stock and a quick search in Aliexpress didn’t bring anything. Shall I look at it or is it a no go?

cheers
V.

C126948 - is discontinued, any ideas with which one I can replace it? undefined | undefined undefined | undefined - LCSC.COM

Does anybody know wether these are alternatives for the missing components?

Controller:
SN65HVD75DR (C57928) - available again March 2023 (mouser)
I’ve read this is a suitable replacement: UMW(Youtai Semiconductor Co., Ltd.) | UMW(Youtai Semiconductor Co., Ltd.) MAX3485ESA | RS-485/RS-422 ICs - LCSC.COM

Uf22 6.3V (C126948) (no brainer)

TCA6408APWR (C206177) - available April 2023 (mouser)
would this be a replacement? NXP Semicon | NXP Semicon PCA9557PW,118 | I/O Expanders - LCSC.COM

TCA9534APWR (C206010) - available June 2022 (mouser)
would this be a replacement? It’s available at mouser: NXP Semicon | NXP Semicon PCA9538PW/Q900,118 | I/O Expanders - LCSC.COM

V440:
ATTINY841-SSU (C219103) - is available at mouser
SMBJ5.0A (C440263) - is available at mouser

It’s possible to source for the V440, but it’s not possible to source for the controller the currently missing parts the whole year 2022.

Available direct from TI:

The proposed replacements would likely work but will require close examination of the pinout on the chips AND will likely require code adjustments.

Would anyone volunteer to work on it? Please, need controller :grin:

@atanisoft OK the PCA9557PW,118 has a different Pinout than TCA6408APWR.
But PCA9538PW/Q900,118 has an identical pinout. Would that be a lot code adjustments?

Likely not too significant but there is likely to be at minimum: I2C address adjustment, state read, configuration write. However, it would be up to @stuart to support this alternative chip.

I took a look into the datasheets. This seems to be a no brainer, but however - I’m no expert in programming I2C. So might be that some expert take a look @atanisoft. I guess it’s enough to change the address to 0x70 and that’s it.

By the way: whats the difference between the two I/O expanders? The RESET functionality? Or would it be possible to use just two PCA9538PW/Q900,118 as it’s possible to set the hardware address?

It might just be that easy… The reset of the registers look the same. The address would be 0x71 unless you lift pin 1 and GND it. Or change the layout…