DIYBMS v4 Missing Components

same issue here, want. to order some and try to find alternatives.

I think you mean D2 instead of D1 for the modules. However, it looks like C10204 should be a suitable drop in replacement. I don’t find any reference to FDS6690A on the module or controller PCBs.

1 Like

thanks Mike,

actually I’m working on the LISHEN 4.4 module mod which has 12 resistors vs 9 for the stock version as IIRC can dissipate a bit more heat.
https://community.openenergymonitor.org/t/diybms-for-lithium-iron-phosphate-battery-cells-lifepo4-280ah/16491/160?u=vas

You are right though, it is D2 in the stock 4.4 module (for some reason swapped # with D1 in the LISHEN…) I notice the one is 6V and the one you suggest is 5V. Not sure why the larger one was specified, obviously with LifePO4 cells up to 3.6something V the 5V is plenty, so sorted that, thanks!

re the Q1 it looks like it’s larger (also in footprint to the one used on Stuart’s stock design) Will study a bit more before choosing an alternative stocked by JLC!

cheers

V.

They are actually virtually identical per the datasheet on LCSC.
original: https://lcsc.com/product-detail/TVS_AnBon-SMBJ5-0A_C440263.html
replacement: https://lcsc.com/product-detail/TVS_RUILON-Shenzhen-Ruilongyuan-Elec-SMBJ5-0A_C10204.html

The usage of a slightly higher voltage reverse current diode is usually ok in this case. There are a few options on how to handle reverse current protection, this being one of the simplest. I use a slightly more complex one using a P-Channel MOSFET, there are even designs using an IC out there.

1 Like

mistake! Q1 is STGD3HF60HDT4 STGD3HF60HDT4_(ST(意法半导体))STGD3HF60HDT4中文资料_价格_PDF手册-立创电子商城
wonder why they’d changed from stock v4.4 module AO3400A.
guess can go back to it. will check

V.

Interesting, I’m not sure how they are using that diode whereas AO3400A is a mosfet.

no idea, haven’t (and possibly cannot!) examine the operation of this part.
Thought it was used as a switch to enable/disable balancing, am I missing something I wonder!

cheers
V.

It looks like it could be used that way but it will depend on the schematic.

the schematic is here:

https://easyeda.com/SKOJau/diybms_v4-2_lishen

alternative options (the way it’s used at least) unfortunately are in X10 price range, pumps up my 10modules by almost 15euro :frowning:

shouldn’t be posting whilst working on another thing at the same time…
original item by Jau is LNG045R210_(LONTEN(龙腾半导体))LNG045R210中文资料_价格_PDF手册-立创电子商城
which is indeed a mosfet.
will try and find a similarly speced and priced alternative when I get some time in the evening…

cheers
V.

OK I got somewhere.

Stuart’s design:
[C20917] AO3400A a SOT-23-3T with Vdss 30V, Id 5.7@25C and Pd 1.4W

LifePO4 Jau original design:
[C483674] LNG045R210 a TO-252 with Vdss 45V, Id 35A@25C and Pd 54W

I don’t want to go to Stuart’s mosfet as I have to start moding the pcb to fit the tiny SOT-23 on the TO-252 space, so I opted for:
[C2583] IRFR024 a TO-252 with Vdss 55V, Id 17A@25C and Pd 45W

IMHO, they are both way OTT, but so be it.

V.

Yeah, that wouldn’t fit very well into the DPAK footprint.

https://www.vishay.com/docs/91264/sihfr024.pdf shows 14A@25C which should be fine for this use case since you are only pulling at most around 1/3 of that.

1 Like

evening all,

JLCPCB Question:

about to order 5 currentshuntcircuit boards and struggling with various components.
Ordered from the EU the ATtiny, about to order the rest from alibaba.
I’m missing

• 1mH coils (thought I had, but they are not 1mH - would a 470uH work I wonder - or better two 470 in series should be OK I guess?) and the
  • through Hole PTC,“F1”,“Fuse_BelFuse_0ZRE0005FF_L8.3mm_W3.8mm”,“C2680606”

Both are available on LCSC.com which is where JLC pick their kit (if I got that right)

So, can I somehow add the coils and Fuses to my JLC order and receive them in the same box (obvs for me to solder) Is there such a way?
Trying to avoid ordering and paying the shipping costs for these tiny bits!

cheers

V.

Unfortunately no they will not bundle them together for you. You would need to order from LCSC or other similar vendors for a few of the extra components (screw terminals, pin headers, etc) as well. You might check other local vendors for similar/compatible parts.

Hi all,

I experienced the same component shortage as many others around this forum but was able to find some in-place replacement chips that I’d like to share.
The parts seem to work fine but given I don’t use a CAN bus device atm I couldn’t test the CAN chip.
As of this writing all parts are available with Mouser, so no need for potential fake parts from some AliExpress sellers.

TCA6408APWR, replacement: PCAL6408APWJ
TCA9534A, replacement: PCA9534APWR
TJA1057GT/3, replacement: MAX33011EASA+

Just a personal preference as I didn’t have a lot of good experience with those Songle relays in the past, I decided to exchange against a pin combatible quality vendor part as well:
SRD-05VDC-SL-C, replacement: Finder 36.11.9.005.4011

@stuart Sorry if I missed it anywhere:
The get-going curve for me was a bit steep with shortage on parts being one of the major reasons (and reading through different posts, it seems a repeating pattern for many folks).
Hence I think it would be super helpful if you could add a page into your Github project space to document known and tested part alternatives.

On a different note: Big kudos to you and everyone else contributing to this project. I received the parts, put everything together and it just works, which is outstanding. Thx for all the time and effort you put into this!

thanks, found another trick, copied L1 to the back side so will be placed there by JLC, then I just have to unsolder it and solder it on the other side :grin: (or if I use decent spacers, leave it there hidden away…)
Will look around locally for reset-able fuses tomorrow but I’ll probably shift components about and fit a typical 25mm glass fuse in there…

Any one know where i could buy ina228, thanks

This is ADM2483BRWZ i got from AliExpress, it have no marking for pin 1. How do I figure out which is pin 1, help

not an expert but I think the notch in the silicon is typically on the pin 1 side. So looks like you have it the right way round.

@atanisoft, @stuart, others need some help in understanding how things work. Hopefully I got it right and need confirmation:

Right, so built a batch of LifePO4 modules based on @Jau design. The Mosfet that drives the dump load/balancing through the resistors was this:
[C483674] LNG045R210 a TO-252 with Vdss 45V, Id 35A@25C and Pd 54W
JLCPCB is out of stock, so replaced it with:
[C2583] IRFR024 a TO-252 with Vdss 55V, Id 17A@25C and Pd 45W

Testing modules in a simple 4S2P 18650 setup and I have the “normal” ones with the Lonten MOSFET working fine, dumping full load, red led coming on solidly initially and then flashing as balance is dropping. working fine.
The ones with the replacement MOSFET exhibit the strange behaviour of balancing at a lower Voltage and red led never ever turning on or flashing.

So when I push the system (like lower balancing Voltage to 4.22V) with all cells circa 4.25V all four modules will start balancing and I measure on the Lonten Mosfet modules:
V+ to V- 4.25V+
V+ to Gate 0.28-0.30V
V+ to Drain 3.10-3.20V

on the Infineon one:
V+ to V- 4.25V+
V+ to Gate ~0.25V
V+ to Drain ~1.10V

explains why red led is not on…
New Mosfet module will be balancing forever whereas the others balance for a min or two and then relax for 4-5. Means that temps on the other modules go up to 60+ and drop, this one hovers around 40-50 much longer. Don’t forget setup is with 2X18650 on each module, when replaced with 320Ah lifepo4 cell things are going to be rather different I guess.
Other than finding the original Mosfet, would altering the voltage divider on the dumpload pin to the Mosfet Gate sort it you recon? Not particularly keen on messing with that but as others want to order, if a simple resistor change sorts it, happy to test before releasing the gerber and csvs to all.

Edit: For the record, removing the new Mosfet and soldering on the old one, behaviour is fine, so not an issue that can attributed to the rest of the new board (the only other thing I’ve changed due to shortage is the main diode by the positive terminal from #C440263 to #C10204).

cheers

V.