Upgrade from 10.1.3 to 10.2.3, getting "406 Not Acceptable" when accessing feed views

After upgrading from version 10.1.3 to 10.2.3 this evening (then running the db upgrade, flushing redis, restarting Apache,) I can see that my external services are correctly sending data into my install. I can view the data on the Visualization area as well. But if I try to access a feed directly, I just get the error “Not Acceptable” in the browser, and this in the emoncms logs:

2020-07-13 02:36:04.508|INFO|index.php|graph/125
2020-07-13 02:36:04.512|WARN|index.php|406 Not Acceptable|graph/125

This is with all feeds.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Clear the browser cache and make sure you log out and back in to emoncms.

If that doesn’t help, try a private window.

Good morning!

I tried both of those, including dumping all of my browser…everything…for all of time, but still experienced the same issue.

And you logged out of emoncms and back in?

Is it every page or just graphs? Try the root url of just the IP address.

[edit]
Sorry missed this bit

What do you mean by this - access feed directly?

Hi! I apologize for the delayed response.

If I click on any feed from the “Feeds” page, then it gives the error. However, if I view the feed from the “Visualizations” page, then it displays successfully.

Just tried it again this evening on 10.2.4, and am experiencing the same thing.

406 Not Acceptable

URI not acceptable. Graph cannot respond to “127” .

The emoncms.log file just says:

2020-08-10 01:09:45.261|INFO|index.php|graph/127
2020-08-10 01:09:45.264|WARN|index.php|406 Not Acceptable|graph/127

I did some poking around and found that I needed to manually install the graph module. In the past I hadn’t been using it, my old settings.php file had
$feedviewpath = “vis/auto?feedid=”;

I didn’t think anything of that when I did the upgrade; the new one defaults to
feedviewpath = “graph/”

Which apparently doesn’t work unless you manually also install the graph module.

So, it’s working for me now. But something that I’ll need to make a note of for future upgrades.

2 Likes