Update to the iOS app

Well good news. But frustrating for me :-P.

I had done some changes a couple of weeks ago to make things more robust for timezones (Fix the way calculating today's kwh works in MyElectric app to handle… · emoncms/emoncms-ios@cc28a76 · GitHub) but it didn’t seem that was going to be the fix here, so I kept looking.

But then I realised I should just update my emoncms installation and see if I can reproduce the problem. And lo-and-behold, as soon as I updated, I too was seeing the problem on my iOS app. But when I ran with my new code I was not seeing the problem!

And basically what I’ve realised is it’s a small change with how the API works for getting daily feed data in latest versions of emoncms. My change I mention above happened to work around that change without me really realising it.

So anyway - it’s fixed, I am pretty sure.

What we need to do is release a new version of the iOS app. I’ll need @glyn.hudson here to work magic on getting the latest license agreed in the Apple portal. But once that’s done I can go ahead and make a build. Would that by OK Glyn?

Awesome work :wink:
Thx for all
We’ll wait for new release

All done, you should be able to proceed with the release. Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks @glyn.hudson!

@lord_valex, @Paul_Archer: The update is now on it’s way to Apple to review. In the meantime, I wondered if you’d like to help by testing out the new version via Testflight (Apple’s pre-release testing service). You can sign up for Emoncms in Testflight here: TestFlight - Apple

Then just make sure you download version 1.2.3 (it should just give you that version because it’s the latest version, but it might take a little time to appear) and then any testing would be greatly appreciated! The main change is the fix for this issue with MyElectric app. There’s a couple of other bug fixes as well, but nothing major.

Perfect I will test for sure as soon as available.
For now on your link no app available. I will wait

Thx for all

Now the link tell no more beta tester accepted
Is it correct ?

Did you manage to sign up already? In Testflight I see there’s still slots available for testers, so I’m unsure why you’re seeing that. You could also DM me your email address and I can invite you directly by email.

Apple still reviewing the update - but should be there shortly.

send you a pm whith email

1 Like

New release working fine
Just tried
Problem solved
Thx for all

Woop brilliant!

So Apple have approved the app for beta testing, and then they should review the app soon for App Store, and then everyone can download the update.

1 Like

The update is now out in the App Store. There was a brief moment where Apple needed extra information about the business model of Emoncms. However I explained all about open energy monitor and emoncms, and then Apple approved the update.

So everyone should be able to get the update now and have the fixes in place for this issue.

2 Likes

Yes downloaded from apple store all is fine
Thx again for all