Significant OpenEVSE WiFi 2.0 Firmware Update. Call for beta testers

Off topic, I am on v2.7.0. Can I upgrade to v 2.7.3 over the air? I do not want to mess it up as it seems to be working well.
Thanks for any help.
Geoff

I don’t have an OpenEVSE but I have my own NodeRed flow to do much the divert logic against an ABL EVCC. I have found that the PWM can be varied at the lowest granularity and that my Outlander happily tracked the available current at a 0.06A resolution. The graph in the first post seems to be at a 1A granularity - if this is the decision tree I do suggest trying floating point :slight_smile:

Yes, we’ve extensively tested updating from 2.7.0 to 2.7.3 via the HTTP updater in the web UI with no issues. It should always be safe to update to latest stable release version using HTTP updater. The releases are always tested before release.

Nice! that’s interesting. I think 1A increments is adequate for most use cases.

Thanks Glynn!

3 posts were split to a new topic: OpenEVSE Solar PV Divert (Eco Mode) Improvement Suggestions

9 posts were split to a new topic: DIY OpenEVSE Setup

I updated the wifi firmware from v2.7.3 to V2.7.4 via the web interface,
On LCD appeared “wifi update complete” and now I can not link.
I tried the 10s and 5s button, it does not go to AP mode.

What can I do to get wifi link back?
Thanks.

What happens when you cut power to the whole unit then re-apply power? The Wifi module should print IP address at startup. It might still be connecting to your original network with a different IP.

After power up again, after initial check up,
There is no wifi version info neither ip info.
It goes to Ready and there is no more info about wifi.
I cheked the router and there is no other link with different IP.

Mmm it sounds like the WiFi module is not starting up at all. Are you able to reload the WiFi FW via serial UART? If not please email [email protected] and we will arrange a replacement. Sorry for the hassle.

It is working again with the replacement module.

Thanks

1 Like

I have openevse WIFI 2.8.2 firmware.
can i upgrade to V2.9.1 ???

Yes you can, Just upload V2.9.1 firmware.bin file via the web interface

https://github.com/OpenEVSE/ESP8266_WiFi_v2.x/releases/download/2.9.1/firmware.bin

I have OpenEVSE v5 firmware 5.1.0.EU. What latest firmware can I install?

thanks. I have updated the wifi. is the firmware 2.9.1.
V3.3.0 not suitable for my board?

You can run the latest V7.0.1 controller FW if you want. You will require an ISP programmer to update: Releases · openenergymonitor/open_evse · GitHub

No V3.x is for ESP32

1 Like

is there really no programmer
among us that would make a mobile application?

By ISP programmer, do you mean this? If yes, how about the cable?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Upgrading OpenEVSE / EmonEVSE Controller Firmware using ISP programmer

No. Android and iOS apple