Sharing heat pump data, An open heat pump dataset?

That’s a good idea! I’ve had a quick go at adding this into the my heatpump app here Comparing master...myheatpump_url_search · emoncms/app · GitHub.

I think Im used to refreshing the page to get back to the starting view… it feels a bit strange that it loads the last state… I wonder if placing the view parameters in the URL needs to be an option that you enable or happens on clicking a share button? or perhaps it’s just something that you get used to…

1 Like

Hi @TrystanLea

Looks like you’ve got the right sort of idea.

What I often see is that if the user just comes it “as normal” you use a “time window” parameter, so in the case of my app I’d say something like ?last=3600.

If the user chooses a new time window, say a day then you update to be ?last=86400.

Then, if they select specific start / end time you use your start and end params like in the PR.

So, I think that’s somewhat easy to do because the apps have specific events when the user presses a “time window”:

and also there is a specific event when the user selects fixed points using the UI like this:

I haven’t been in the code recently enough to know if I’ve missed other mechanisms that might cause the time window to vary.

Our ASHP stats Nov-2022
Elec consump = 242Wh
Overall COP = 3.78
COP space heat = 4.11
COP hot water = 2.12
total heat delivered = 916 kWh
Average target flow temp = 30.6°C
Average flow temp = 32.1°C
Typical Power draw SH = 450W
Typical Power draw DHW = 1.4kW

2 Likes

Our ASHP stats Jan-2023
Elec consump = 459 kWh
Overall COP = 3.02
COP space heat = 3.15
COP hot water = 1.78
total heat delivered = 1386 kWh
Average target flow temp = 34.9°C
Average flow temp (for SH) = 34.6°C
Outside temp = 5.4°C
Power draw SH = 700W
Power draw DHW = 1.35kW

1 Like

@TrystanLea Dear TrystanLea, I’m very interested in your shared info about the heat pump. Recently I am doing a Home Energy Management System but lack of relevant dataset, could you please share the raw data with me, I really appreciate it!

A post was split to a new topic: Controlling the circulation pump on a vaillant heat pump

This is great, though I think it’s best to provide a manual link. Here’s what I’m working on…

Click the ‘share’ icon to open the link, or right-click to copy the link.

1 Like