OpenEVSE no longer receives grid import/export via MQTT

Updated to 4.1.2 but unfortunately no improvement. When I reset the Wifi on the unit, it seems the timer (that shows time since last data received) goes back to 0. I don’t know if that’s relevant or not.

It should be updating every 10s, does MQTT still report as “connected?”

Yes MQTT is stilll showing as connected:

@glyn.hudson I now have a more pressing issue, level 2 charging is only show 6 or 7A as available charging rates. Level 1 shows 6-12A which I assume is normal.

I have tried rebooting the unit and changing with the car connected/not connected but to no avail.

When did this start? What firmware are you running on the OpenEVSE controller and WiFi? Could you share a screenshot?

On the 8th it was certainly charging at full whack, so it must have been in the last few days (after the wifi upgrade or a reboot?)

Mine does change to 6A on odd occasions, I just use the drop-down to put it back to 32A

John

Unfortunately I don’t have that option

I also just noticed that it’s showing the Voltage as 120V, part of the issue maybe?

I know nothing about it, but 120.00 (not 120.13 or something) is highly suspicious to me. It it were an emonTx or emonPi, it would mean it defaulted to the nominal value because it couldn’t detect the actual voltage.

Try selecting Service Level 2

You could also temporally disable off solar PV divert.

The screen shot showing 6/7A is after I select Level 2. I can get 12A by selecting Level 1. I had already disabled PV divert but it has not helped.

Did you download the pre-compiled firmware update from OpenEVSE github relases or did you compile it yourself?

Could you try issuing RAPI command $SC 32, you will need to enable developer mode for the RAPI tab to appear. This should set the current to 32A

For the wifi, I used the pre-compiled firmware (I didn’t change the main firmware version).

Managed to get the car up to 100% at 12A overnight so not able to test the command properly yet, but it is returning ‘$OK 32^01’ when I try it. Will try it later when the SOC has reduced.

Hi,
it should still show the max even when doing nothing

John

This Pilot signal value is also displayed if advanced settings is toggled on, this is the actual current value the EVSE is asking the car to draw:

I’ll check that when the car is back later today, but I can confirm the car did charge successfully last night at 32A having run the $SC 32 command. So at this point it seems to be an interface issue.

Quick update: I couldn’t connect to the EVSE web interface so I gave it a reboot. When it came back up the interface had returned to normal and the full range of currents is now selectable.

Still no luck with the solar divert though…

Can you try to update to WiFi firmware V4.1.3 Release V4.1.3 · OpenEVSE/openevse_esp32_firmware · GitHub

It’s been confirmed to fix some solar PV divert issues:

Hi Glyn,

Unfortunately the upgrade has not gone well. Although the display showed ‘upgrade done’ or something similar afterwards, I can now not connect it to the home Wifi and the interface is showing an error:

It shows that it is connecting, I get kicked of the EVSE Wifi but it never appears on the home network.

Also, the display has changed to how it used to be both in terms of the colour and the displayed information.

The charger is still working as a dumb charger but obviously I have lost all other functionality.