OpenEVSE new user interface, testers & translations needed

Thanks. Do you know where to find this fix? I am building from 8.2.2 source as of 24th December and cannot see any issues listed for it.

Is your evse compiled with AUTO_AMPACITY? ( for Untethered charge cable )

The discussion is here:

But seeing your 6A bug, is it working now you have set once the divert active?

I think Iā€™ve already saw something like an uninitialised value for the divert/boost switch endpoint.
( When I setup divert the first time itā€™s always set to disabled ( i-e boost/speed mode) )

@doggy countdown and float display should be ok with latest commits.

Yes it is set for auto ampacity. Thanks for the info.

I have been testing the latest version of UI2 today and it is going well so far. Thank you!

Yesā€¦

Just a progress report. Iā€™ve been using the latest UI2 for a couple of days now on two cars, manual and divert. Plus testing reboots and upgrades. Plus energy and time limits.

Everything is great. I have not detected any problems at all.

Regarding the Ampacity fix, I have done a build with that added to my 3ph/1ph EVSE firmware and it is ready to go into my OpenEVSE (including enabling the button menu). Not sure when Iā€™ll get to try it, but hopefully within the next few days.

One thing. On the self production page, if you hover over the three start/attack/decay entry fields, it says to enter a valid value with the two nearest valid values being 0 and 1. Is this correct? I am using numbers like 0.7, 0.8, 0.1 and thought they were okay?

1 Like

I tried the latest build and when using solar divert, set point is set to 9A, currently charging at 9A but available is 7A. How come it isnā€™t coming down based on whatā€™s available? I swear it was working beforeā€¦

If youā€™ve set manually charge_current using the slider, then It overrides the Divert command.

I had another weird period where it ran at maximum charge when it was in ECO divert and should have gone off. When I checked the web GUI it had switched to ā€œenable chargeā€ on that 3 way switch. Iā€™ve attached a graph again, which hopefully makes sense.

Normally I feed it the difference between ā€œSolar productionā€ and ā€œConsumption minus current EVSE consumptionā€ via MQTT. When this is negative and solar is >800 (in this instance) I send 1600W on the MQTT messages to get a minimum 6 Amps.

You can see here when the solar was <800 and the ~ECO fudge I have was dropped: the MQTT feed would have said said (799 - (4273āˆ’4057)) = 583W, then OpenEVSE responded by jumping up to maximum current! You can see a gap here where the EVSE charge current dropped to 1600 again since solar was >800 and so it was getting the MQTT 1600 messages, then it jumped back to 4000 when MQTT said <800.

Earlier today I did run it for a period on maximum to recharge after a trip to the coast yesterday and ready for a big driving day tomorrow. But then I did select ECO & AUTO again a few hours before this happened.

Any ideas what happened? Is Smoothing Attack = 0.3 and Smoothing Decay = 1.0 causing problems?

The live dygraph is here (for the next 8 hours):
http://www.fraz.link/solarpower.html
then it rolls over here (for 24 hours):
http://www.fraz.link/solarpoweryesterday.html

I donā€™t think that is the best thread to ask for divert problem. Iā€™m no help here, I donā€™t know much about this, and not using this feature.

Ah sorry. I mentioned it here only because it seemed a new problem in this version. Iā€™ll pull the divert decay back to 0.8 (I used lower values with the previous firmware) and watch for it happening again, then start a new thread later.

Otherwise the new interface is good! Thanks.

Any info on the above?

@doggy, thanks it was a bug in the inputForm component ( missing steps for float number ) . Itā€™s fixed.

@pdhoogh Iā€™ve also found why you had only 2 icons in the nav with your network problem. In offline mode there was missing cached icons. Fixed too.

Thanks!

Does the History page look too spammy, chatty? Ideally I can quickly find out the total energy per session without scrolling a huge list like this.

It would be good to even set Miles/kwH in vehicle setup so you can display estimated miles gained in addition to energy.

There has no change on the fw log part, so it still displays the same thing as on previous UI.

But Iā€™m agre the evse log manager should log only state change if vehicle is connected and charge sessions, + faults

1 Like

new feature in the UI.
In Configuration / Firmware , thereā€™s now a box to backup config and import it back.

Credentials data are not exported in the backup.

2 Likes

Installed okay.
Nice!

@doggy, Iā€™ve submitted a PR that should fix divert with threephase enabled. It only factorise by 3 the voltage in idvert calculation when Threephase switch is enabled.
Would this fix your issue without having to trick the Level mode ?