Need the last piece of the puzzle to get HP on heatpumpmonitor

My client has a Daikin f-split which was fitted for free under a grant 3 years ago, it had a Sontex monitoring system fitted, all of which is still there, and looks like a level 3 kit. As far as I can tell it just needs a hub to connect it to heatpumpmonitor. Can anyone tell me what else I need?

Parts already fitted:

SDM120M in consumer unit for immersion
Eastern SDM630 Modbus V2 in CU for HP
Sontex Supercal 531 heat meter with flow and return sensors
Sontex Superstatic flow sensor

1 Like

Hello Richard and welcome!

Great! sounds like you just need the emonHP base-station, Modbus and MBUS readers.

Im not sure why these are showing as out of stock at the moment, I will check with @glyn.hudson tomorrow!

1 Like

I’ve updated the inventory count, they are now back in stock!

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for this, I’ll definitely use the Level 3 route as programming makes my brain itch.

Without the meters and fittings it comes to £285.99+VAT, does that sound right? If so I’ll get on with the proposal

Hi Richard
Would this be for one of the heat pumps installed under the BEIS scheme with OVO? Your timescale seems about right. I’ve written a short guide on how to make the switch from their monitoring to the OEM kit, including what to buy. That price is right. I switched over pretty easily with @glyn.hudson’s help on the top-end side.

I am a little reluctant to post on here as the process involves going in to the consumer unit which I don’t want untrained people doing. It’s to change signal wiring to the electricity meter so I will message you separately if you want it.

My system is here. It’s about as good as it get without switching out the heat pump, but I had a horror story on the trial and that’s another story.

2 Likes

Hey Sam, ah yes that’s a great guide.

I’m happy for it to be posted here, it will be fine with a suitable warning, we sell SDM120 meters in the shop. Would you prefer me to post it? It’s a shame for it not to be shared.

Hi Sam, you are correct! The system I looked at wasn’t terrible, but a lot of improvements to the settings, lagging etc were made after the install.

If you could send me the guide that would be amazing. I’ve fitted OEM before, but it’s not something I can do off the top of my head.

A post was split to a new topic: Monitoring a BEIS Heat Pump

Ooh is that for me Richard ?

1 Like

I’m now set up thanks to @rich927 and can see my graphs (and am suitably impressed) but it hasn’t appeared on the main list yet ? It’s labelled Shared and Published on the My systems view. I there something else I need to do ?

Also mine is a split system and I’d like to compare it to any other split, but most appear to be monoblocs. Is there a way of identifying splits v monoblocs ?

The default view of the main list only shows systems with at least 24 days of data, so you may need to wait a few more days before yours will appear. You can change the number in the box to be smaller…

We don’t currently distinguish between monoblock and split units, but it’s something we could consider adding in future. In the meantime, filtering on “split” will show other split units.

1 Like

Ah I see. Thanks @Timbones !!

Another thing, when I click on the Summary view of other heat pumps I don’t get any data, just blank fields ?

Hey @JuliaC
I found you. Nice to have another BEIS install on the list. A shame it wasn’t working this well when the trial was under way! :joy:
You made top 5 in the last few days, I’m off the page unfortunately.

Feeling smug !

Also feeling a bit thick for not reading the Stats time period or Filter section :woman_facepalming:t3:

How do I change the header label on the graph view, from “My Heatpump” ?

Go into your own heat pump app and click on the spanner icon. There you can set the title that appears at the top.

Then scroll down to the bottom and click Launch App.

1 Like

I’ve found out the answer to this: when I click on the Summary view of other heat pumps I don’t get any data, just blank fields ?

I’ve been using Chrome and get this error. When I use Safari the full data is visible.

I don’t see any detailed data for individual HPs with chrome mobile but it’s fine on desktop

There’s a known issue whereby you can’t see info for other systems when you are logged in. Workaround is to log out.

1 Like