My Solar PV Battery app

Look at My Account (top right) or Admin > Users > View button in front of your account.

Under Profile there is Timezone.

1 Like

@haffle I donā€™t think its the situation here, but your post reminded me to share that I had a discrepancy where the energy consumption in the half hour read period immediately before the Octopus Go cheap rate started was higher than expected. Emoncms data confirmed it (and proved its value!)

Turned out that it was down to the Smart Meter time running c.5 minutes behind ā€œactual timeā€. So out of spec, and not the time it would have got from the comms network. (Oddly, the IHD shows the correct time). Octopus canā€™t fix it remotely (hmmm - ā€œSmartā€??) so it will have to wait for a technician visit at some point.

Means I need to add a ā€œtime bodgeā€ to the control mechanisms iā€™m working on!

1 Like

:rofl:

The time in the user settings is sometimes used. However, as it is not an hour out, I suspect that is not the issue.

Set the cutoff as xx:29, there is a risk that an xx:30 time might go into the next period depending on the comparison operator used.

emonCMS is on the right timezone, the main SMETS2 meter is about 1 minute out, but the solar iBoost (which heats the HW at night on a time clock) was still on winter time, but that has now been corrected.

@burble61 - my old (dumb) Eco7 meter was ~25 minutes ā€œwrongā€, but they refused to replace / reset it unless it was more than 30 minutes out.

Realised today that half of my PV panels have tripped out upstream of the inverter. That has never happened before. Ho Hum!

Hmmm, something is still not quite right with my inputs/feeds. The first screen grab shows the last 24 hours, the second a zoomed in bit from last night. Clearly it isnā€™t right between 00:30-04:30 which is when OctopusGo is cheap. But not only is imported power not showing up, neither is usage ā€¦ :dizzy_face:

The app seems to be working well but I seem to get gaps in the graphs when zooming out. Is this an issue anyone has come across before and knows how to fix? The My Solar app doesnā€™t have the same issue. Thanks.

Zoomed out to a Day:

6 Hour View:

Is this app not available in the container version of CMS? I canā€™t seem to find it.

Hello @L-P-G the docker container on dockerhub is updated less frequently than our core system, you could try commenting out the image here emoncms-docker/docker-compose.yml at master Ā· emoncms/emoncms-docker Ā· GitHub and building from scratch?

Interesting, this effect is usually seen when there is a mismatch between the post rate for data received in emoncms and that of the feed the data is recorded in. e.g the feed might have a 5s resolution but you are posting every 10s, the feed will then have a null value for every 2nd reading.

If you look at your battery SOC, battery charge and discharge feed in the graph module do you see missing data there as well?

Yes, indeed there are gaps in SOC etc.

The data for SOC, battery charge and discharge is fed from Home Assistant, I donā€™t think I have a way of increasing the post rate from there. So would I increase the feed resolution? If so do I have to recreate the feeds, or can I edit them? Thanks

How do you generate/pass the data from HA? HA by default only sends data when the state of the entity changes which does not really work for a timeseries data stream. One way round that is to use Node-RED and poll the state regularly.

I think the MySolarPV battery app needs a modification to improve the handling of different feed intervals, Iā€™ve created an issue to make a note of this Improve handling of different feed intervals in MySolarPV battery app Ā· Issue #149 Ā· emoncms/app Ā· GitHub and will include in the next development itteration.

2 Likes

Great, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@haffle Iā€™ve sent you a PM, I might need a bit more detail so work out whatā€™s happening.

1 Like

I am not seeing the My Solar battery as an app on my Emonpi. From admin I have clicked on Emonpi update and emonBase update. Any advise please? I recently installed a Moixa 4.8kWr battery to my 2.8kWh solar array so the battery monitoring would be mist usefulā€¦ currently the Solar reading of the Emonpi reads combined solar and battery discharge.

Grahame, your version may be old and wonā€™t update, this post might be relevant - My Solar PV Battery app - #20 by TrystanLea

Thank you John, I had missed that reference when I skipped through the postingsā€¦ However I do have a new 16GB microsd card on order so will make a new card once it arrives. I am still running the original build EmonSD 3May2016 which is on a 8Gbcard

This PV & Battery App screenshot shows about a 24 hour period from a few days ago; if the battery had received 1.5 and 4.1 from the PV and grid respectively, and had sent out 0.2 to the house, how can the SoC have gone down by 9.1%?

It may be that I have got my inputs wrong, but I not convinced that I am reading the information correctly ā€¦

TIA

Great new microSD card arrived and updated . Now running 3rd Oct 2019.

Now to configure Battery app , I am running with 2 CTs on the EmonPi , in a Type 1 configuration. CT1 on house feed and one on combined feed of solar and battery output.

Will that work? or do I need a EmonTX and more CTs?

This is a great addition to the Solar App, thanks for all your hard work. I got it integrated with a Batrium BMS on my battery that is re-broadcasting the stats to emonpi using MQTT.

Iā€™d like to make two small suggestions,

1: When you finally get the app configured it only starts to graph with new data, perhaps itā€™s possible to be able to connect it to the historical data from the ā€œMy Solarā€ app as Iā€™m sure most people started off with this before going down the route of configuring up a battery.

2: It would be great to see more status information regarding the state of the battery, as this is often a critical piece of equipment (especially if you made it yourself using used laptop batteries as I did!). If there was a spare panel which is left open to a MQTT feed that would say that operational states from the BMS are okay, it would be of great benefit.

Either way, thanks again for your hard work!

If anyone wants help to configure up Batrium with Emoncms let me know and I will assist.

1 Like