Migration to new forum

I’ve renamed ‘Home’ to ‘Main Site’. I’ll try and finish the Technical part of the User Guide today.

‘Main Site’ is better but you could just use the text ‘openenergymonitor.org’ which is a method I’ve seen before.

If the Technical part of the User Guide has the same info as the building blocks and the various ‘docs’ sections on GitHub, I’d suggest you try and remove those else there is a risk of inconsistency. I think though it has a little way to go (which is unsurprising as there is tons of info). Looking good though.

Almost all of Building Blocks needs ‘rationalising’ as there’s quite a lot of overlap - if BB is to become part of the User Guide (I didn’t think that was the plan?) then that rationalisation needs to be done as part of the move.

If it isn’t, then I for one would like a clear steer from Glyn & Trystan as to what belongs in which.

Correct, there are no plans to merge BB into the new Guide. The plan for the User Guide is what it says on the tin, a User / Setup Guide for the OEM system. Primary the emonPi and aimed foremost at new users.

BB is a repository of technical info. We plan to keep it where it is now

Thanks Glyn.

Then take this as notice that the rationalisation is something I shall start on, once the CM Library and 3-phase sketches are out of the way.

I did consider this but it’d be a bit long and wordy for a title. Especially when viewed on a mobile device

A bit like the Twitter tag @openenegymonitor - 17 characters gone already!

1 Like

@openenergymon actually…for that very reason!

OK 14 characters!
It’s a shame that@oem is already taken.

The guys have always been careful about using OEM formally because of its use as ‘Original Equipment Manufacturer’. (Context is all important, a Twitter handle is unlikely to cause any problems).