MELCloud Service Outage - April 2024

FYI: MELCloud’s been offline since 8pm this evening [Apr 17th]; the app is working, but no new data is showing. Wifi dongle’s blinking ERR light says it can’t connect to the server. Seeing the same across half-a-dozen systems, so is a broad outage. Don’t bother trying to fix it locally.

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I should have posted something @Timbones

Mine’s been flaky for a few days and is now offline.

Their servers are broken. I phoned them today (yes, on a phone) and Chris said they were working to get it fixed. It didn’t sound like it was imminent.

They suggested users control their heat pumps locally. After owning my Ecodan for five years I honestly have very little idea about how to do it manually.

2 Likes

@Timbones ignore my DM.

@MyForest - thanks for the info. Difficult to control when you are away from home :frowning:

Any information on a fix or next steps from Mitsi

Thanks.

2 Likes

The joy of cloud only access.

1 Like

This is a relief, I just spent the last half an hour reconnecting the wifi unit and still wondering why it isn’t working, they really need a system status page for this type of scenario.

3 Likes

We’re having issues since yesterday 19:45.

On the polling, we pull data every 5 mins. We got throttled when we polled every 2 mins.

2 Likes

Yep, I told them they needed a status page. It would cost them less than paying all the people to answer the phones.

1 Like

No news on a fix when I spoke to them. It still looks broken to me.

My heat pump is just humming along and I’ve no idea what it’s doing because I can’t even pull statistics let alone control it.

1 Like

A status update!

Dear MELCloud Customer, since Wednesday 17/04 the voice assistant integration and the MELCloud application connectivity are not working properly in some instances. Our software team is working to resolve this and we are confident that the service will resume to normal shortly. We apologise for any inconvenience that this is causing and thank those users who got in touch to inform us.

3 Likes

Still looks broken to me. The only reason I know the pump itself is still working is the electricity company half hourly data and the lack of complaint from the inhabitants.

Anyone know what this means for MMSP? Can melcloud fill in the gaps from the FTC SD card data when it resumes?

1 Like

Well this explains the surge of interest this week in my MQTT dongles! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m glad that I invested in a wireless thermostat last autumn, as I was worried about relying on internet connectivity for local control of heating. Somewhat tempted by switching to the MQTT dongle instead, if it wasn’t for the MMSP thing. Maybe the agreement can be changed, so I host the data myself…

Meanwhile, there’s a potential workaround posted on Reddit.

3 Likes

Looks like the service might be back up again ? I’m seeing data coming in for mine and a couple other systems since about 8pm.

1 Like

Still looking broken to me:

I even got the room thermostat out and turned it on :slight_smile:

MELCloud sayeth:

Dear MELCloud Customer, since Wednesday 17/04 the voice assistant integration and the MELCloud application connectivity are not working properly in some instances. Our software team is working to resolve this and we are confident that the service will resume to normal shortly. We apologise for any inconvenience that this is causing and thank those users who got in touch to inform us.

It’s working for me now

1 Like

I just re-did the WiFi, still no joy. I shall be patient.

Working for me too.

1 Like

Mine’s been working throughout but returning stale numbers. It looks to have been making sense since about 8 pm yesterday.

Update 23/04/24. Dear MELCloud Customer, between Wednesday 17/04 and Monday 22/04 the voice assistant integration and the MELCloud application connectivity were not working properly in some instances. Attempts to resolve the issue unfortunately caused a level of interruption of service across the network. Our software team has now deployed a temporary resolution which may not provide all the functionality you expect but we continue to work to resolve the issues. We apologise for any inconvenience that this is causing and thank those users who got in touch to inform us.

2 Likes

Oh dear what a mess. If my businesses treated their customers this way they’d be haemorrhaging contracts!

Time Mitsubishi started to take this critical application seriously. Happy to be off net and local control only now.