Installing 3rd EmonTX unit

After successfully re-programming a third emonTX unit for one of our installs (via the arduino EEPROM):

emonTx / emonTH configure RF settings via serial (released FW: V2.6 / V3.2) - Hardware - OpenEnergyMonitor Community

I have an issue where, once the third emonTX is added to the network, the parameters and names of the unit are not coinciding with what I expect i.e., the names are simply 1,2,3 etc…

Now, this is OK in general as I can tell from the values that it is the power that I expect, therefore, enabling me to log as normal (names of parameters don’t necessarily bother me as I can rename them manually)

The problem comes when I have the other day installed a temperature sensor and can not see the value for it coming through, see in the image - parameters 1 and 2 are the power values from mains incomer and solar yield (values that I expect). The rest - apart from RSSI are unknown to me. For clarity - I tested the temperature sensor on another unit and seen the expected value of 14 degrees - so can eliminate wiring issues.

As usual, thanks for any help

Hi Ryan,

Looks like you need to edit emonHub so that the correct node decoder is used for the new unit’s node ID number:

Your existing units are probably nodes 15 & 16? Just copy across the entry for one of those node decoders for the new node ID.

Hi @Gwil, thanks for reply. Due to using a ‘node offset’ of 17, my other 2 units are node 32 and 33 - see below:

[[32]]
nodename = emontx3cm32
[[[rx]]]
names = MSG, Vrms, P1, P2, P3, P4, E1, E2, E3, E4, T1, T2, T3, pulse
datacodes = L,h,h,h,h,h,l,l,l,l,h,h,h,L
scales = 1,0.01,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0.01,0.01,0.01,1
units = n,V,W,W,W,W,Wh,Wh,Wh,Wh,C,C,C,p
whitening = 1

[[33]]
nodename = emontx3cm33
[[[rx]]]
names = MSG, Vrms, P1, P2, P3, P4, E1, E2, E3, E4, T1, T2, T3, pulse
datacodes = L,h,h,h,h,h,l,l,l,l,h,h,h,L
scales = 1,0.01,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0.01,0.01,0.01,1
units = n,V,W,W,W,W,Wh,Wh,Wh,Wh,C,C,C,p
whitening = 1

As in the image provided, my new unit is registering as 18 (i.e., unit is set in EEPROM as node ID of 1).

therefore, as you have stated, is it just a matter of me copying one of the above and pasting, then changing :

[[33]]
nodename = emontx3cm33

to

[[18]]
nodename = emontx3cm18

Yes, that’s it.

1 Like