I want to use a ZMPT101B instead of ac-ac adapter

That makes no mention of having to ground the load, so why do so? Measure everything from the grounded side of the generator instead.

I think this infers the device and itā€™s load are connected to a grounded generator side as well, which they probably arenā€™t.

This might be useful, the LMP8603.
lmp8603.pdf (2.0 MB)

Probably a final suggestion, because Iā€™m running out of ideas:

If you canā€™t measure the generator current with sufficient accuracy with the measurement side grounded, then you need two separate measurement ā€˜devicesā€™, one for the generator and one for the load.

The generatorā€™s will be measuring generator current (effectively low side) and voltage, comprising two ADC channels all isolated with a separate power supply.

Do roughly the same with the load, measure its current and voltage, ground referenced.

Optically couple the generatorā€™s measurements (digitised) into the processor thatā€™s grounded and processing the load measurements, and process all the measurements as required.

I did think about that but framing the reads with the others will be more troublesome.

Iā€™ve won with the AC voltage monitoring. How much phase does an ACS712 or similar introduce? It may be my best option, if a little inaccurate.

Theyā€™re good those ACS7xxā€™s, itā€™d simplify your current monitoring a lot. I donā€™t know about phase but it wouldnā€™t be more than 5Ėš Iā€™d guessā€¦ Their bandwidth should be good for your 200Hz too.

Thereā€™s this in the shop, I could chop the price down by now as thereā€™s quite a few PCBs sitting around, and a few ACSā€¦ Or if you wanted to take the PCB and source your own ACS, I could arrange that.

Dan - I need a little more integration, sorry!

I spend a few hours and came up with this. Most is already simulated in LTSpice. Ignore the resistor values, first chip is MT3540 etc, but the approach seems ok - any feedback much appreciated as Iā€™ll run a few off next week.

Points -

1. The MCU should be getting high impedance reads which hardly change due to the filtering and op-amp followers.
  2. Minimal phase other than the ACS712.
  3. Iā€™m aiming for a 50v AC max with an over-voltage alert. If thereā€™s a better way of limiting the voltage out of the third op-amp Iā€™d be interested to know it.
  4. Hopefully the approach with the resistor POTā€™s is correct to balance the third op-amp.

I have a prototype board up and running. One question though is how to balance the 100k and 4.7k resistors, that is, what the output should be that I am aiming for.

I propose for the 100k if I feed an identical signal into AC1 & AC2 then the POT should balance so that halfAref = output.

Then the same signal is fet into AC1 and AC2 separately and the second POT is adjusted so the swing on the output is equal.