Sorry if this has been answered before.
I currently have emonTX monitoring my house (with 4kw solar system) and love emonTX.
I’m about to start significantly upgrading the system but I haven’t decided on any particular inverter or battery hardware, my only requirements are:
- I will be installing 3 phase
- I should have power when the grid is down
- The batteries should be ~2.5KWH rackmount (like the BYD 2.5KWH)
- Domotics integration (like Home Assistant)
I would love to take emontx on my journey, how do I do it?
Ideally at the end of the journey I will be able to make decisions based on my “state”, for example my pool pump uses a lot of power and it would be good to have “rules”, for example:
- Only turn it on when the system is exporting over 1.5 KW to the grid
- Make sure it runs for 4 hours a day
- Don’t use batteries to run the pool pump, use grid
Would I be interfacing emonTX directly to the batteries, it uses a CAN bus I believe?
Hopefully that makes sense, there is a bit of buzz around products like Reposit but it just looks like an emonTX that can talk to the battery.
So in a nutshell can I use emonTX and domotics as a backbone in my future system?