HeatpumpMonitor.org v2 discussion

Hello Ian, I hope to get some more development time on HeatpumpMonitor soon and will try and look at this. Just finishing some work on a new networking implementation for the emonPi/base before I can turn my attention to this.

2 Likes

Another feature request, sorry.

Might it be possible to have a toggle on the main last 30 days graph to switch it DHW only, please? (For electricity consumption, generated heat and COP)

Or, alternatively, might it be possible to achieve the same with a separate app? “My Heatpump DHW”

I appreciate this would only be of use for those of us that have been able to setup a feed for “heatpump_dhw”.

Just create yourself a second Heat Pump app on your emoncms login using your DHW feeds rather than your combined feeds?

I have 3 separate Heat Pump Apps; heating only, DHW only, combined.

1 Like

I think I only have a combined feed currently.

Is there a way to have create a feed in emoncms that returns a value of zero for electric and heat (power/energy) when the boolean heatpump_dhw is zero?

Although, that wouldn’t work for me currently as my heatpump_dhw feed needs manually uploading each day because I accidentally uploaded some data with timestamps for Dec 2024 (rather than 2023) which I think has resulted in the sync automation thinking there’s nothing to upload from local to cloud. (Only 326 days of manual upload to go before it will work again, haha)

1 Like

Yes, you can create a Virtual feed that takes the existing electric as “Source feed” and then multiply it by the heatpump_dhw feed:

However, this won’t work for kWh feeds, but does work for all previous data.

Alternatively, extend the Input to write out two sets of logs:

1 Like

I’ve been wondering if we could calculate “normalised COP” figures, that are pegged at a certain temperature. Each system has a pretty linear relationship between COP and Outdoor temp, so it should be possible to calculate the gradient from their data and produce “COP at 7°C”, say. This figure will include the performance characteristics of the heat pump itself, the heating system it’s plumbed into and how it’s controlled, but without the influence of local climate. This should make it easier to compare systems across the country / world.

For example: daily COP for Stratford-upon-Avon, Vaillant (blue) vs. Sheffield, Vaillant (Red)

I’d say that Sheffield is “winning” at temperatures below 5°C, even though the average COP (4.0) was lower than the other system (4.2) for that period. [Oct 1st to Dec 31st, 2023]

Side thought: the other metric “COP vs Flow - Outdoor temp” removes the influence of flow temperature, control strategies and weather, and is mostly about the heat pump unit itself.

1 Like

Hello All, I’m fairly new to OEM, but been involved in renewable heating for many years and OEM is a fantastic tool to add to the mix, thanks to all involved in making it so - every system should have one!
Not sure if this is the best place to put this, feel free to move, but regarding MID metering. Whilst finding my way around HeatpumpMonitor, I happened to notice if you select the fields; MID Metering, Electric meter, and Heat meter, that quite a few systems have ticked the MID metering box, but may not have both at least class 1 electric and class 2 heat meters, which could be a typo for some? I dare say other means of measuring maybe reasonably accurate and not meaning to throw the cat among the pigeons, but surprised the system allows you to tick the MID box if you don’t have the specified class of meters, especially given credibility the certified MID metering tag may give!

2 Likes

We do keep a close eye on the meters that have been selected by submissions, and periodically review them to check for mistakes. I can only see 2 or 3 systems marked as having MID that might not (which I will review).

We’ll also look at adding some automatic validation of those fields to ensure accuracy, though I’m sure there will be exceptions. For example, a recent discovery is that Vaillant Arotherm+ heat pumps do have a built-in MID certified electric meter.

4 Likes

Cool, good to hear, didn’t know about the Vaillant Arotherm+ onboard meters!

Has v2 gone live recently? I’ve just logged in and my system no longer exists.

Hmm… I checked and can’t see any systems under your user. I don’t know what happened to it.

Which system was it? I may have an copy of the details if you need me to send them to you.

My URL is : Emoncms - app view

If you have a copy of what I entered that would be handy thanks.

I went through and re-added it, it came up with the box at the top to reload the data which it said would take 5 mins. I’ve just been back in and I still have no system.

I’ll try to add it again, but I don’t know if you can see anything your side to show that it exists now?

Added it again, and had the horrible feeling I hadn’t hit save… but it’s done the same thing.

The most recent one was ID 200, I can also see 198, and my original one 17 is still editable, just not visible in my Systems, or the main system list.

Hmm… something has gone awry such that some systems aren’t appearing. Paging @TrystanLea

1 Like

I will have a look when I’m at my computer later, if they are not listed it’s likely missing stats rather than the actual system entry as I haven’t touched that.

Apologies, now fixed, the new data loading script was not loading more than the first couple of weeks for your system for some reason, all working now.

2 Likes

@TrystanLea my system has had a wobble and is showing no data, would you mind taking a look when you get a moment please?

I’m not sure if it is related but I had a blip on my power metering a couple of weeks ago and had to re-process the feeds.

https://heatpumpmonitor.org/system/view?id=99

Have you updated your emoncms install?

@Timbones thank you for the prompt, I had missed that. Done and now up and running once again.

1 Like