Fix Corrupt Value on emoncms.org : "Received data not in correct format. Check the logs for more details"

I upload my data to emoncms.org and have done since 2018. One of the values I have that calculates overall KwH usage gives the following error when I try and run charts for recent months.

" Request error: Received data not in correct format. Check the logs for more details"

As this is remote hosted I can’t see any logs but it looks to me at one stage an out of bounds value was uploaded which has stopped the graphs working from that point onwards.

If I view my feeds “node:IotaWatt:HomeKwH” has a value of “-6.5829317811304e+46” when it should be around 26900.

If I go back through the charts it looks like the bad value / corruption happened around midnight on October 2nd as prior to that date I can chart data and after that point I get the error listed in the topic title.

How can I go about fixing the corruption? There was a thread here about it but it seems the fix is only for local hosting and I have data from 2018 onward that I’d like to avoid losing.

A question for @TrystanLea

Just a little thing Watts are a capital W (almost(?) all units named after a person are).

So it should be kWh :slight_smile:

You can email the helpdesk for this sort of query re the online system.

1 Like

Just a little thing Watts are a capital W (almost(?) all units named after a person are).

Thanks, I blame using a touch based device late into the evening combined with the typo (I assume I made) ~6 years ago for the variable name :slight_smile:

You can email the helpdesk for this sort of query re the online system.

I must be blind but where can I find that link? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @edddeduck can you email me on [email protected] with your emoncms.org username or private message on here and I will look into this for you.

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed reply life got in the way for a little while. I’ve sent in an email with the requested details.