EmonTX missing data on CT4 input at regular intervals

Check emonhub is set to log DEBUG and check in the window that you see the data coming in.

Then SSH in and open the log and look to see what emonhub is receiving as data.

Then check the MQTT Publish (if it is using MQTT) and check the data is published every time.

If the data is coming in OK and going out OK in emonhub, the issue will be emoncms.

Personally, I have seen the input MQTT service get overloaded if sent too many topics to process too quickly.

It is odd it is just that one feed, though.

[edit]
To follow the emonhub log use a command like this - the 2 -e create an OR in the grep.

Yours will probably look different!

[email protected]:~ $ tail -f /var/log/emonhub/emonhub.log | grep -e "emon/emonpi" -e "NEW FRAME : OK 5"
2022-10-28 09:54:07,437 DEBUG    RFM2Pi     24368 NEW FRAME : OK 5 140 0 0 0 140 0 240 91 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 (-0)
2022-10-28 09:54:07,534 DEBUG    MQTT       Publishing: emon/emonpi {"power1": 140, "power2": 0, "power1pluspower2": 140, "vrms": 235.36, "t1": 0, "t2": 0, "t3": 0, "t4": 0, "t5": 0, "t6": 0, "pulsecount": 0, "time": 1666947247.437131}
2022-10-28 09:54:12,492 DEBUG    RFM2Pi     24369 NEW FRAME : OK 5 139 0 0 0 139 0 1 92 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 (-0)
2022-10-28 09:54:12,666 DEBUG    MQTT       Publishing: emon/emonpi {"power1": 139, "power2": 0, "power1pluspower2": 139, "vrms": 235.53, "t1": 0, "t2": 0, "t3": 0, "t4": 0, "t5": 0, "t6": 0, "pulsecount": 0, "time": 1666947252.491709}
2022-10-28 09:54:17,443 DEBUG    RFM2Pi     24371 NEW FRAME : OK 5 139 0 0 0 139 0 244 91 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 (-0)
2022-10-28 09:54:17,715 DEBUG    MQTT       Publishing: emon/emonpi {"power1": 139, "power2": 0, "power1pluspower2": 139, "vrms": 235.4, "t1": 0, "t2": 0, "t3": 0, "t4": 0, "t5": 0, "t6": 0, "pulsecount": 0, "time": 1666947257.4434764}
2022-10-28 09:54:22,495 DEBUG    RFM2Pi     24372 NEW FRAME : OK 5 135 0 0 0 135 0 21 92 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 (-0)
2022-10-28 09:54:22,644 DEBUG    MQTT       Publishing: emon/emonpi {"power1": 135, "power2": 0, "power1pluspower2": 135, "vrms": 235.73000000000002, "t1": 0, "t2": 0, "t3": 0, "t4": 0, "t5": 0, "t6": 0, "pulsecount": 0, "time": 1666947262.495364}
1 Like

Thanks Robert and Brian.
I’ve managed to track down the issue to the way i set up the feed. I duplicated the feed but this time set the interval to 10 s. The original feed was set to 5 s.
Below is a graph showing the original and new feed (with a 400 offset to separate the two lines on the graph).


You can see there is still a little bit of missing data on the new feed but its 97% complete, which is the same i get for all the other feeds coming from that emonTX.

1 Like

I think you need to look at this, where I explained how the Timeseries Feeds work:

1 Like

thanks. makes more sense now.

1 Like