Emoncms Android App V2.0.8 (open beta testing)

Hi, all.

I am have NAS Qnap TS239 & EmonCMS 9.8.2

I am download and update from Google Play new ver. 2.0.3.
But it did not work. The application starts up, opens (shows the current power) BUT immediately stops with the message “Application emoncms stopped”
Previous version 1.3.0 was installed and worked well with EmonsCMS 9.7.7. A few days ago I updated to the version 9.8.2 of EmonsCMS. With version 9.8.2, Android app vers. 1.3.0 also did not work. The error is the same - “Application emoncms stopped”.

Smartphone Sony C1605 Android 4.1.1 (11.3.A.3.1)

Video app crash
Thanks.

On PC in the browser it works fine.

And another question: how do i get a display of the currency “₴” or “UAH” for the currency of Ukraine? I insert the “₴” symbol, but at the next entrance to the MyElectric application - there is no currency symbol at all. It can be fixed?

Moved to https://community.openenergymonitor.org/t/new-android-app-not-work/3541/4

Please start a new thread to discuss Emoncms installation issues.

Very nice update, German translations, great. But day of the week below under the bar graph is still English (M,T,W;T,F,S,S), as well as the ‘buttons’ D, W, M. (Not sure if this has been discussed before?!?)
BR, Jörg.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ve just fixed this, see latest commit to
GitHub - emoncms/AndroidApp: Emoncms Android app. Let known if you agree with the proposed
translation. Feel free to create a pull request of not.

Changes will be released in due course with the next beta release.

Link is not working for me.
Buttons should be: T, W, M
Days of week: M, D, M, D, F, S, S (starting from Monday)

BR, Jörg.

Apologies, here link to the actual commit. I decided it would be best to use two character abbreviations for days of the week to avoid confusion:

Let me know what you think of the changes to app/src/main/res/values-de/strings.xml

That’s even better, sure.
I have just read over the strings.xml and found a few small typos:

• string name=“server_not_configured”>Bitte konfiguriere deinen emoncms-server mit den API-Schlüsseln in den Einstellungen.
  • string name=“wh_elapsed”>Watt Stunden verbraucht
  • string name=“kwh_elapsed”>kWh verbraucht
  • string name=“me_not_configured_text”>Wählen Sie die Feeds aus**,** die angezeigt werden sollen. Konfigurationsmenü → Zahnrad-Symbol in der Symbolleiste.
  • string name=“invalid_kwh_feedid”>Ungültige Verwendung kwh feed ID, wählen Sie bitte einen kwh-Feed aus dem Konfigurationsmenü.

BR, Jörg.

PS: had to remove the opening < here, otherwise the string name=…> got lost.

Thanks, Any chance you could enter these changes as a pull request? This will ensure that no errors creep in, my german proofreading is not great!

Just click the little pencil when viewing app/src/main/res/values-de/strings.xml:

Just done that. First time for me to do something like this (but seems very easy). Please check!
BR, Jörg.

Thanks a lot! You didn’t create a pull request but I created one for you from your branch then merged :thumbsup:

You just needed to click, ‘create pull request’ step 8 to open a pull request on emoncms/AndroidApp repo:

These remaining strings @gab.lau noticed are now translatable thanks to @tamsin, they have been added to the strings-it,fr,de and nl files.

Could you help translate the remaining strings? @gab.lau, @bidouilleur, @joergbecker32 ?

See Github issue:

Thanks so much, we’re so close to a V2 release… :tada:

I tried to do the translations yesterday. But I was totally lost in finding the right ‘account’ or ‘branch’ or whatever where to do it. I have actually done it somewhere and have also done a pull request this time. Did it work, can you see my changes?
BR, Jörg.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve just found the changes on your branch and have merged :thumbsup:

Sorry, I think any trouble you had might have been my fault. I forgot to merge @tamsin previous pull request to add the new strings to be translated.

Once the NL, FR and IT extra strings have been translated I’ll do another beta release.

Thanks again.

Big thanks to everyone who has helped contribute updated translations: @bidouilleur (NL, FR), @joergbecker32 (DE), @gab.lau (IT).

I have just released V2.0.4 update to the beta channel which contains all the updated strings :tada:

https://github.com/emoncms/AndroidApp/releases/tag/2.0.4

Please double check all the translations look correct when viewed in place in the app. Thanks again.

I think i just got the update, at least there is an update and it downloaded it…
When i goto settings and click on select language “Nederlands” (dutch / NL) is not displayed as an option for selection HOWEVER if i select “system default” the app does display emoncms in dutch. So there might be a small bug where “dutch / nederlands”) is not in the selection list. I only see “system default”, “English”, “Français”, “Deutsch”, “Italiano”

Btw is there a way to view the version number from within the app somewhere (can’t seem to find it) if it’s not implemented it might be a good idea to add it somewhere in the settings or so so that when people come for support they can check there version or see if they have the latest version or need to update from play store

edit: just double checked if dutch / nederlands would appear if i changed my android’s language to english … it does not so it’s probably a small bug.

Also “system default” is translated wrong it should be “systeem standaard” instead of “systeem fout” that last one means “system fault” which is not the same as “system default”

Hang on i see some more translation related things when viewed in dutch. I’ll make some screenshots

Hi @joyrider3774,

Thanks for letting me know. I’ve just released a V2.0.5 update which fixes all of the above. Please confirm.

https://github.com/emoncms/AndroidApp/releases/tag/2.0.5

Thanks again.

hey glyn i’ll test soon.

If i sideload the apk will i still get updates from play store ? if not i’ll wait for it to be released on play store.

PS. I saw this weird change :

i haven’t verified it but the string name is settings_confirm_delete_page so " Are you sure you want to delete this page?" seems more correct than “Connect using https, supported by emoncms.org NOT emonPi”. Someone might have to verify that confirmation dialog to see what it displays not sure what language (i’m guessing english). Unless i’m not looking good at that diff but it seems to me " Are you sure you want to delete this page?" got removed in favor of “Connect using https, supported by emoncms.org NOT emonPi” while the tag name is still “settings_confirm_delete_page”… shouldn’t that text been placed with “settings_summary_emoncms_usessl” name

it could be an error / oversight wit merges or something

Yes you will still get updates if you sideload. However the latest update has been pushed to Google play. You should get it soon.

Thanks for spotting the confirm_delete change. I don’t know how that happened! I’ve just reverted

hey glyn,

just got the latest version and noticed the language from the 1st screenshot is not adapted (also did not see it in the diff of your commit). So it still displays “aktief” while it should be “actief”

also noticed that for the selection of the currency “System locale” is displayed as “muntkost” which is a kind of weird translation. “Munt kost” actually means “currency cost” but i’m not certain how one would translate “system locale” to dutch my best guess would be “Systeem instelling” or “Land instelling” which means in english “system setting” or “country setting”. But muntkost does not make much sence