DIYBMS v4

Thanks for the fast response. The sun is shining and I´m afraid of leaving the house :smiley:

Can you please have a look at the settings. Is it more meaningfull like this?

But isn´t the relais out of function actually?
→ I can´t check as the victron is shut down actually.

→ One more question. What is the reset value exactly for? As I understood it should prevent the relais from switching to fast from “on” to “off”. So does the value has to be higher than or lower (depending on when of course) and how much?

Many thanks in advance
Karl

What does “nc” mean?

read my post above, it depends on your dc relay if it is NC or NO

normaly close normaly open
in german öffner oder schließer

this are my settings
rules

Hello,

Can anyone give me some good links to to buy the green connectors to be used in the new v4.5 modules?

Thanks,
Sergio

They are these style of connectors - 3.81mm hole spacing/pitch.

1 Like

Thank you very much Stuart!

do they fit on the controller with the din rail case too?

Still fit in the case, but don’t think the lid will fit afterwards

I just would like to ask if someone is working to modify 1.9F directly cell module for v4.5 board? Currently I am working with 4.4 board and its working perfectly @stuart thank you for that! Would be awesome to test 4.5 board. The good news is that, 1.9F fit perfectly to 230Ah CATL / EVE battery also

evening all,

possible silly Q (but someone has to ask it :slight_smile: )
anyone managed to “mate” a diyBMS storage system with Fronius mppt/inverter solutions?
About to embark in a subsidised solar solution at home and checked the price for the 5kwh BYD HVS5.1 lifepo4 bank and was shocked, could probably do 15kwh at that price and have some change in my pocket… However, I noticed that Fronius expects 80-1000VDC input and obvs has some comms protocol to do the job.
So, Q is anyone tried mating these to a diyBMS bank, anyone tried checking the comms protocol?
any other idea in mixing them (on a 3phase system!)

cheers
V.

Good evening!

I had the idea to put my battery underground in the garden. It would be good for safety reasons and would also have the advantage of a constant temperature for the cells. Because the wifi receiption would be an issue I would like to have the controller seperated from the battery which means a longer cable between the modules and the controller. To get this working I thought if I could use ttl-rs485 transceivers on both ends. Would that be working?

Jörg

how deep will the battery be?

if its about 0,5m it can be possible to place a sealed box with the controller just under the grass.
i have 1m twisted pair network cable on my battery and the controller is about 0,5m above the battery.
so 1m works without problems rx and tx wires for me

but you have to run thicker battery cables if they are longer than 5m

A second box would be an option.But I want to use the controller as a backup emergency switch for the charger and Inverter. All those cables would need to go to that box. Also access to the display would be not so easy.

Regarding the DC cables it would be not so critical, because the battery should only cover the consumption of our house in the night.

Gruner Relais TYPE 851

In Datasheet it says only 16V, but you can use it safe with 48V. car-manufacturer use it with their 48V Batteries. I’m using the 851 on my Battery. You can control it with the 5V supply of your controller, but be careful and make only very short pulses to switch it otherwise you cook it very easy :slight_smile:

BMS has been working great! I went to install the JST connectors and now I’m having issues. The master says waiting for modules. Packets are being set and received so not sure whats going on…any ideas?

Check the modules.
Do you have a running LED light from the first to the last module?
If not and the modules are flashing not in a row you have no communication.

The light runs in a row till the module without connection.

Did you set the right com speed?

I got it working thanks for your advice! Used the wrong module version, 4.2 instead of 4.4. Glad its working again!

I’m using the legacy 8266 controller with the new 4.5 modules. However when I connect the module to the controller, the green led just stops flashing completely and the controller is unable to communicate with the module, unplugging the rx from the module and the green led starts flashing intermittently again.

I’m guessing the software on my controller needs an update, currently running compiled date 2021-02-11. Is this the issue? Will the new modules work with the legacy controller?

Technically yes they should work - however there isn’t a pre-compiled version using the slow 2400 baud rate on GITHUB, only 5000 and 10000 baud rates are automatically pre-built.

So you would need to compile your own module code for this to work.

Next way: compile ESP8266 controller firmware for 4k8 communication…
I using 3 akupacks with 3 ESP8266 controller, all is monitoring via home asistant mqtt, hardware protection - relays connected paralel.
If i disconnect one from 3 packs, next two working independent, i disconect two, any one working independent… If I use one ESP32 controller for all cells - disconnection one communication wire - malfunction all monitoring and protection function on all cells…