DIYBMS v4

here it is
i set 57,1V max charge voltage this is 56,1V in my SMA Sunny Island as i told a bit buggy

if you have victron you can set the real voltage
i have both sma and victron mppt 450/100.
for victron i set a max dvcc voltage of 56V in the venus os so the battery will not overcharge

Now if I understand less this part.

“Error” is the minimum battery cutoff voltage?

no this is the charge voltage if an error happens

I almost have it, with a laboratory power supply, I am feeding the lowest cell to bring it to the level of the others, at 3.55v and from there go increasing the battery voltage up to 57v (now 56.8V) but I have doubts if I have the Victron, ESS, DVCC and DiyBMS parameters well configured.
It would be too much trouble if you check them, and tell me if everything seems to be fine, or should I change something?

Thanks

All, just for information - the next release of the controller code includes a large re-write of the CANBUS communication - along with Victron and PylonTech battery emulation.

Heres a screenshot of the configuration - its not ready for release just yet.

2 Likes

Yes - but you need to supply 5V to those connections, with a regulated supply.

1 Like

Current shunt PCB DIN rail mount

125mm (large) size case…
Controller case

1 Like

While I wait for my case to arrvie from Aliexpress, I when ahead and created a 3D printed holder

@stuart Hey Stuart, hope you are well,
I think I have found a bug in the ESP32 DIYBMS Controller.
I am running a 14S2P battery bank, and the round trip communication is 5800ms,
I have rules configure for cell under/over voltage and bank under/over voltage

If I power up the controller or reset it from the UI, the system will come up with the message waiting for modules, and becasue not all the modules have reported in the Controller registers the bank as under voltage it triggers the rule which trigger the shunt.
I have done several test and this only happens with the bank under voltage.

Is it possiable to have a delay before triggering the rule, either we can configure it gloabally, or you can program it in at startup that the system should allow for 20-30sec before starting to monitor the rules.

Hi, it should only be running the rules once all cells have correctly reported back to the controller.

Can you raise a ticket/issue on GitHub for this and I can take a look

Thanks

Can someone tell me which pin is pin 1 on this chip

There’s a white dot. It’s between pins 1 and 2.

1 Like

Hi guys ,
Please excuse my off topic question, but I just seen something in one of the “Chapulino” pictures that catches my attention.

There is a picture from Victron GX screen showing a Solax Pv inverter
Also in the device list there’s a Fronius Boost /Air /Mini inverter seen by the Victron GX

My question is how did you managed to connect the Solax to the Victron gear and collect data from The Solax pv inverter.

I have asimilar setup with a Victron Multiplus II and a Solax 3.6 td on the input of the Victron and would like to have the data on the CcGX

Thanks

Fun times,
I have just managed to get some magic blue smoke from my brand new ESP32 DIYBMS Controller :frowning: From what I can see and what I have tested the ESP32 Controller is fried, and I found 1 CAP C3 in the board that’s blown.
22uF 6.3V C3,C4 C190381

@stuart according to the IBOM C3 is a 22uf 6.3v CAP, but when I look at LCSC Buy Electronic Components Online - LCSC Electronics the rated voltage of the cap is 4V ?,

The TC212A226K006Y is the 6.3v component

Not saying this is the reason for the cap going, it poped as I connected my 5V to the board, I am using a regulator which is regulating from 48v to 5v, as I connected the controller it blew the cap which shorted and then blew the regulator,

I am going to replace the cap and test the board to make sure nothing else is popped,
I can’t get that exact cap locally, but I am able to get the following, would either of these work ?
22uf 10v
47uf 6.3v

Thanks for the help inadvance

Swapping for 22uF 10v should be fine. Did you by chance supply more than 5v on the external power connection?

No, the regulator is 5v supply, after the regulator popped it shorted with 12v suply
but the cap was gone already

But thanks for the info, I’ll change it tomorrow and the esp32, hopefully that’s all that’s damaged

Thank you for pointing this out @rolfbartels. I’m not sure how that part number snuck into the BoM.

It should definitely be over 6.3V, and also ensure you get the correct orientation.

I’ll update the design on GITHUB shortly.

2 Likes

That’s for Both C3 an C4

Hi luxprospector.
there is a guy who has developed a module with an esp32 that replicates the original solax wifi pocket, but at the same time allows Victron to identify it as an inverter (at first as if it were a Fronius) even though I modify the image presented by Cerbo so that it appears as a Solax inverter.
At the moment he is only compatible with versions of V1 and V 2although he is already working on the Pocket Wifi of Solax V3.
Since this is not the subject of this thread, if you want, send me a private message and I will provide you with some information.

Yes - although one of those is on the 3.3V side, so 4V would be okay.

I’ve created this issue, and also fixed the BOM/Diagram on GITHUB.

This part was incorrectly swapped in May 2022 - but I’ve not heard of anyone else having such damage to the part.

2 Likes