DIYBMS v4

@crimzzon92 this is strange - I think it may just be a web browser issue.

Can you try it from a laptop using Google Chrome rather than your phone ?

If you press F12 you can see the developer console in Chrome - see if there are any errors reported in the “console” tab/window.

@stuart
It sames, thet ther is an error. How do i fix it?

I have the wemos d1 mini pro if thet can be the problem. If i test to put the finger on the temp ic on the board, it reports the changed temp. So on some plane it sends data.

exuse my eng…

You can ignore that error - its looking for a FAVICON.ICO file but you don’t need that.

Take a look at the “network” tab and see if you can see the requests being made

@stuart

Okej. Everytime the page refresh there’s a new error or some thing in the network console.

That is working correctly - every 10 seconds you should see another “monitor.json” file being loaded.

Why do you think the voltages are wrong? Have you checked with a multimeter ?

@stuart

The first time i pluged every thing in. The module get directly in to balancing the cell. Every modul did thet. When i got the web page up and running i could see in the moduls tab thet every modul reported 4.75v, i think it is the max it can show. so i went in to the modul setting and changed the voltage under “mesured voltage” and then it stoped be in balancing mode. But the voltage wont flux and change. If i put a battery thet is fully charge it will still say 3.34 volt and thets what i put in.

See told ya I was wrong. Thanks for the fix. I just need to workout how, as I used the pre complied code. I’ll watch the vid’s again.

Any thoughts on my lock up issue?

Hey Stuart & DIYBMS-Board,

thanks for sharing the V4! I’ve built 14 Cell Modules and everything works like a charm!
But I have some questions and suggestions:

• In the V3 there was a setting to set the max/min voltage, shown in the bar-graph, or? Is it possible to include this setting? If not, in which file can i edit the code, to set the voltage range to (i.e.) 2.75V to 4.25V?

• I don’t understand the temperature-bar-graph. Next to every cell temperature, there is a second temperature (0°C in my case…). Can you explaine this temperature please?
    grafik

• Is it possible to change the SSID/password in the frontend, so I can change the WLAN-setting, without flashing the Wemos D1 mini every time?

• And a litte bit more off topic: I will use the BMS in my off-grid solar 2x 7s60p 8.6kWh 18650 lithium project. I have no router/access point for WLAN yet… What do you think, is the best/cheapest/energy-consumption-less 24V-solution to connect the D1 mini to an old Samsung Tablet, to check the voltages (once a week)? I thougt about a Raspberry Zero W (as access point) or, a mobile 3G/LTE WiFi Hotspot (Huawai). Is there a easier way?
    Thanks!

Are you still getting this? I’ve been running for 10 days straight now without any lock up!

I’m thinking it may be a problem with the ATTINY code library and its serial handling routines.

1 Like

You can’t change this from the web, but can do this in code - change the min and max values on this line in the file https://github.com/stuartpittaway/diyBMSv4/blob/master/ESPController/include/html_1.h

{gridIndex: 0,name:'Volts',type:'value',min:2.5,max:4.5,interval:0.25,position:'left', axisLabel: { formatter: '{value}V' }}

The second temperature is for an EXTERNAL temperature sensor - if one is not used it reports zero.

Yes - on the controller board there is a WIFI RESET (2 pins) just connect these together and reboot the WEMOS

1 Like

@crimzzon92 What cells are you using? 3.6V is a low balance voltage - are they LifePO4 ?

@stuart

Yes, It is Lifepo4 cells. But i tried 18650 lithium cells and it is the same. so i dont know, but i don’t think it is the cell typ thet is the problem?

Thank you for all troubleshooting!

Okay @crimzzon92 I’m really struggling to see what the problem could be.

Work through each module one by one.

1. Take a reading of the voltage using an accurate multimeter
  2. On the modules page, select “configure” for the module you are working on
  3. Enter the actual voltage in the “actual voltage” field and click calculate
  4. Click “save settings”

The voltage on the screen should now match the voltage on the multimeter.

Repeat for all the cells.

Place a load or charge the cells and the voltage should follow.

@stuart

Thets exactly what i have done all ready. The voltage won’t follow or change when the battery voltage in the real life go up or down… the value on the web page never change after the real voltage. I can sett it just like you described. But that’s it :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi,

yes, unfortunately I am still having lockup issues.

I’m going to start removing BMS’s from the loop one at a time and see how it goes. Maybe one is faulty. I’ll replace the linking cables as well.

I’ve moved from a testing phase (1 cell per BMS) to the full pack 7s22P) and it’s still the same. As previously stated I’m using the pre-complied code. I’ll make an effort to do it the proper way. Oh, and change the controller code as you mentioned above.

Thanks

Ok if the voltage never changes all I can think is that the 2.048V regulator isn’t working properly. Can you check the soldering around the lm4040 chip?

How have you connected the modules to the battery cells?

Okay Simon, get platform.io working and then we can move forward with debugging it.

Try the atom IDE version it’s easier to install.

@stuart

The problem is white every modul i have tested x10. But when i test i get 0.55v betvin leg 13 and ground of the attiny841, every time the green led flashes. I have a 4 cell battery that is series connected. every module have a individual plus and minus till every cell

Just double check the components are installed around the correct way with pin 1 alignment.

This is a really strange issue!

@stuart

I am really grateful for all the brainpower you putting in to help! :+1:

I have turn the bord and komponents inside out and tried many different thing the past months. So i iam grate ful if you have the eys to look at the bord i have soldered, because i cant see eny ting wrong.