DIYBMS v4

Not really a change log, but I’ve just launched this new video explaining the new features I’ve added/fixed over the summer.

4 Likes

Love the work that you put in it Stuart!
Live keeps draging delays in my projects. My esp32 seems to keep rebooting randomly, i want to try a new one. In your video i saw you are using a esp32 with external wifi antenne, is this an esp32 wroom32u module? Can i also use that instead of a 32d ( although the i currently have seems to be a 32e…)
Thanks!

Yes it works with the 32U.

If you keep getting reboots try and capture the serial output so we can debug it

1 Like

Ok i will try that , first i upgrade to new firmware to see if that makes a difference

Oddly enough the new firmware provided no more spontaneous reboots on the controller so far, so that’s great!
So i hooked up some batteries again to test it with batteries and modules attached for prolongued time.

I am no master at the influxdb stuff, but does the new firmware also mean the influxdb v1 is no longer supported?

Hello,
sorry if this is the wrong thread. Have anyone ordered an ESP32 Controller Circut through jlcpcb assembly recently? I try to send an order but it seems roughly 5 items are out of stock. I searched around and it seems to be a shortage of just these parts everywhere:
|U3|TCA6408APWR|TSSOP-16_4.4X5MM_P0.65MM|1|
|U1|TJA1057GT/3|SOIC-8_3.9X4.9MM_P1.27MM|1|
|C3,C4|22UF 6.3V|CP_EIA-3216-18_KEMET-A_PAD1.58X1.35MM_HANDSOLDER|2|
|U5|SN65HVD75DR|SOIC-8_3.9X4.9MM_P1.27MM|1|
|U8|TCA9534A|TSSOP-16_4.4X5MM_P0.65MM|1|

I wonder if it is due to the semiconductor shortage? Anyway, does anyone has knowledge of when jlcpcb use to get new inventory? I rather not solder by hand.

EDIT EDIT: I didn’t have any 2.2k resistors, but paralleled another 4.7k on top and it’s working now!

Edit: Pretty sure I found it,
So on my old controller, I should replace R2 with a 2.2k right?

I have modules / controller from July 2020 that are having communication issues when my (admittedly noisy) charger is on. Where can I find details of this resistor?

Or do I just need to twist my com cables?

It’s a 14s battery, but cables are all very short.

I just ordered one for myself and saw the same.

I was able to find everything except for this chip:
TJA1057GT/3

This one seems to be out of stock everywhere.
(Texas Instruments and Infineon also make a compatible part, but they are out of stock everywhere too)

And ya I’m guessing this is related to the semiconductor shortage.

Were you able to buy most of them from the same source? To a reasonable quantity? Any tip?

I’m struggling to find the TCA6408APWR, any alternatives?

I was able to buy 10 TJA1057GT/3 from an alibaba seller, but they haven’t arrived yet, I think they cost me about $35 with shipping

I already have the prototype with some minor error in the location of one of the connectors of module 15 now they touch the tests.

1 Like

Looking very interesting!

If you had left a bit of space between the modules you could have used plastic stand offs to mount the fans above the modules.

[https://amzn.to/3kZlWLj]

I’m finishing the design of something in this sense, but more elaborate.
I can gladly send you one of them Stuart. Although as you have seen it requires a little botch in cell 15

1 Like

Hi Stuart i think i spotted a minor error in the new firmware. So far no more reboots, but after the 24hour mark of uptime, my uptime also shows the number of hours, after days, as the days of uptime, eg when its uptime should be 1 Day 13 hours 2min it shows 13days13hours2min…

I was also wondering if I can still get loggingdata in my influxdb v1 database, even though the new firmware supports influxdb v2, is that backwards compatible?

Great job on the firmware!

This is the one I bought, hasn’t arrived yet so I can’t vouch for them.

Take a look at this please, and let me know if it works!

Can you raise a ticket for me on the days/hours thing.

1 Like

I will do so tonight, thanks!

Hi Stuart Can we purchase a completed unit for testing. 16S with shunt etc.

Hi, I don’t have any spare complete boards. It’s difficult to build them at the moment with the chip shortages