DIYBMS v4

Yes v4.21 boards are fully supported.

@stuart Thank you Sir, and are mixing boards supported ?, I am now expanding my bank with another 14S for which I need to order modules. My plan is to order more modules and at the same time the new controller, Can I run 4.21 and 4.4 boards on the old controller and the new controller ?

Appreciate it !

Stuart were is the list of start error codes of shunt ?
I once saw them in detail, but now I can’t find them
friend has 5 flash start error

I autoresponder

any idea to solve the error 5 flashes err_WriteConfig ?

Yes different modules are fine, the controller will show a warning message about it, but nothing to worry about

1 Like

could someone post the available relais rules? I havent soldered my boards together yet, but i would like to continue with my system design.
Thanks in advance!

@stuart
if you need some information about the can bus protocol
i have found something for SMA / Studer

SMA Canbus.pdf (210.7 KB)

I finished my plate to “click” 16 modules v4.4
Let’s see if they send it to me and I do the first tests. now I’m going to design a support for ventilation.
If anyone is interested, I share the design files and gerber you just have to ask them.

Finally without common cables (thanks Dakoal)

2 Likes

1 Like

i am interested.
this is for the v4.4 without modifications?
but i have 14 modules so 2 will be empty this is no problem?

You can use it for 14 V 4.4 modules without modifications you just have to connect the RX or TX now I don’t know which one of module 14 with the RX or TX of position 16

1 Like

ok this is logicial
so you have the gerber files for me?

to be precise, in the case of 14 modules you must join tx15 with rx16.
Regarding the question of whether the plates should be modified, I answered no, but I clarify. If the connectors are not yet mounted, 2-pin connectors must be mounted at the bottom of the modules and remove the external temperature sensor from the sensor or cut its track on the board.
I’ve already sent you the files.
If you want to wait a few days, in about a week the first prototypes will arrive and I will verify them. So you can order them without the risk that some detail could have escaped me.

1 Like

no problem
i can wait a week or two

this helps me a lot to build the bms without those jst connectors i dont like to make this jst cabels and place them all over the battery
your solution is way more practical

would be possible if we can find spare parts by using this tool? GitHub - yaqwsx/jlcparts: Better parametric search for components available for JLC PCB assembly can you help us? would it be easier?

Suggestion on rules

It would be interesting to have a configurable rule for relays.
The idea is to be able to have another rule that can use any of the possible references. Eg If we use a reference voltage to activate the disconnection, we cannot put another reference voltage to activate any of the relays.

The new rule would consist of choosing any of these possible fields and being able to make two rules for different values on the same field.

Let’s imagine that I want to disconnect the battery if a cell reaches 3.55v (I have lifepo4). But I want to be able to turn anything on or off if the voltage of a cell reaches 3.4v (ex. An active capacitor balancer)

I’d like to do this sort of logic for all the rules, make them much more flexible.

I think once the controller can start controlling upstream chargers and inverters, then we can also look as requesting them to slow down the charge (or stop) based on some sort of rules or table.

great Stuart

Stuart,
Is there a new gerber version of the controller PCB V4.2 that includes the SD Card in the correct direction (pointing out)? The latest Controller gerbers I have all seem to include the SD Card pointing in?

The latest Gerber’s should have a top mounted microsd card holder. This one is fitted inside a cage/door to hold the card in.

It’s fitted under the TFT screen, in a fit and forget way.

stuart is there a changelog availabile for the controller 4.2 firmware updates?
so that i can see whats different with the new ones to decide is it worth an upgrade or not.
thanks