DIYBMS v4

Have not been able to test with relays…the board keeps rebooting randomly. So far i have tried 4 different powersources, on the controllerboard, but also via micro-usb on the controller itself, same result. Also tried uncoupling cell modules same thing, Maybe I can try a previous “code”? Or try/order a new esp controller?

This weekend I am moving my leaf cells to 2 lockers, these will be housing everthing but maybe not the controllerboard depending on wifi performance.

How do you know the board is rebooting randomly?

@stuart

the IC (ADM2483BRWZ) for the current monitor for handling RS-485 is out of stock at LCSC and all USA retailers. I’ve found a bunch in Europe that I’m about to order if need be.

AnalogDevices the manufacture of the IC show that the ADM2483BRWZ can be replaced by ADM2761EBRWZ. which is in stock at lots of retailers…

whats your thoughts on this?

thx

Because you can view the “uptime” on the homepage, but also i see logs in my wifi; connects, disconnects and authentications are logged :wink: cisco meraki hardware and online suite

Ok, so apperently i was not on the last firmware, Just upgraded, time to start testing again :wink:

my bad the green leds is correct. I’m running 4,21,modules and what I see is all module will flash then the comtroller. The wemos will then flash blue. If you can see the web interface then the break down is between the main controller and the wemos? can anyone verify this is correct?

have you tried just hooking up 1 module and seeing if it is viewable on the interface?

the code I loaded was pre 2021 using platform io. haven’t been able to figure out how to use the new method of uplaoading so I’m dead in the water programming my last cell modules and controllers.

something has had to of changed for everything to be working one day then not the next. any issue i have had came down to bad soldering. some of which without a magnifying glass I would not have found.

hopefully someone with more knowledge then me will chime in. electronics and coding are not my bag.

Is there a simple way to check/confirm the module ‘fuses’ are correctly set? And what is the issue if they are not?

Hey guys, was just wondering if there’s another place to buy the diyBMS aside from JLCPCB? I’ve already tried several times over 2 months and there’s always some (hard to solder) SMD component out of stock. Thanks

My 300A 48v battery is a reality Moitorized by Grafana+ Influx. Thanks Stuart

3 Likes

really cool build, i have something similar in progress
same mounting place for the cell modules on my 200Ah cells

Hey, does and one know the size of the 3 and 4 wire mounting connectors please. I got it wrong and ordered these tiny ones.

Sizes are mentioned in the BOM file.
https://lcsc.com/product-detail/Screw-terminal_DIBO-DB125-3-81-4P-GN_C395880.html
https://lcsc.com/product-detail/Screw-terminal_DIBO-DB126V-5-0-3P-GN_C395850.html
These are the ones I orderd.

Hi @stuart , about the shunt… I have my installation adapted to the Victron shunt, that connects on the negative line.

Your board is marked as to be connected in the positive line. Is that mandatory or can it also work on the negative?

My positive has multiple lines to storage banks and will be difficult to add it there.

@jcastro

HAVE U TRIED PCBWAY?

they use to sell them on here somewhere also… Does anyone have the link ?
Edit: here’s the link - Development Boards - diyBMS - Shop | OpenEnergyMonitor

Hi,

update here:

1. I replaced the controller pcb and the issue with non switching relays with latest fw is solved… very curious, because with release from may 2021 ist worked but not with later ones…
  2. there is still a “time out issue” - module 43 out of 70 is giving time out flashing signals
  3. there are still two modules with very low count on packets received…

low count.pdf (129.0 KB)

cheers
karl

I found the current module upload instructions using avrdude both limited and a little confusing. What I had to do to get it working for me was to install and run a program called Zadig (v2.5) before I could get avrdude to work for me, and even then I had some modules require the ‘-B8’ command line command to be changed to ‘-B16’ (as Stuarts suggested) to get some modules to take the code. Finally, I had to, at times, then unplug and re-plug in the USB of the USBASP programmer into my computer to get a new module to upload the code. Ultimately, those steps got it to work for me.

I have used a digital microscope to check all my solder connections, both those performed by me (attiny841 and the D1 ic) and those from JLPCB and still needed to make 11 modules to get 8 that appeared to function correctly. No idea why the other 3 arfe more … variable in their performance.

Hi, today I updated my old esp8266 controller to the new esp32 controller board with display. I use mqtt, but I don’t get the cell values of cell #8. All other cells update. On the bms webpage I can see the cell 8 voltage. Do you have an idea, what I can do?

Could you please share your setup? Is it LiitoKala batteries? lifepo4 ones? Does it work good with the DIYBMS? Thanks

I am going to connect this to Victron energy, does can-bus work out of the box?

1 Like

Can bus will be available in future fw releases.