DIYBMS v4

Thank you so much!

Unfortunately there are several components unfound. Do I have to search for alternative components with specs as close as possibile to the original ones?

Hi,

@stuart I know youā€™re working on a c_sen option but I wanted to sound this out with you, or anyone for that matterā€¦

So the PCF8574 is I2C, would it be possible to connect up an external ADC like the ADS1115 which can do differential measurements. The ADS1115 would measure one of those 50/100A (or bigger) DC current shunts which output up to 100mV which I believe would be suited to the ADS1115 at x16 gainā€¦

Edit: I checked the I2C addresses for the PCF8574 and ADS1115 and they should be happy

SX679

I canā€™t see a reason that this wonā€™t work - obviously it would be the ESP that would need its code changing to talk to the new i2c device. Should be easy to tap into the i2c bus.

Did you upload the BOM and also select the LCSC part number from the drop down list ?

Hi, I uploaded the Gerber file, selected ā€œSMT Assemblyā€ with ā€œAssemble top sideā€ option.
Next I uploaded the BOM and the CPL files provided by @super2222. Sorry, what drop down list are you referring?

Now it seems that a part of easyeda services is down (I write from Italy) , so I canā€™t replicate the steps.

hello
i have 10 attiny chip for sale if anybody need them ~?
at cost im in the uk so delivery will be fast

Thank you so much for creating this Stuart. It is amazing! I am having trouble getting the modules to communicate with the controller. In your video I heard you say you are not supporting 32 bit right now. I got a D1 V3 for the controller. Does that matter? I have tripple checked my parts, joints, wiring, but it still wonā€™t connect. Even built a couple boards and controllers and get the same results. The web server runs pretty slow too. Iā€™m thinking it is probably the wemos. Any thoughts? Does that even make sense? Thank you all so much. Your inputs here and videos have been priceless.

When you click on the search (on the right of no part selected), you can search for parts try to use basic parts when possible( way cheaper)

Also I forgot to say that I didnā€™t send my order yet hopefully everything is ok in the files that I did put. I did use kicad to generate those files

Hey @stuart ,

I noticed the website always has a horizontal scrollbar in chrome and sometimes experiences a flickering scrollbar. I was able to fix this by changing the css style sheet. From line 28 .page {clear:both;.... I changed the margin from 5px to 0px and this seemed to fix it.

I made the modification to the css_1.h on my local version and confirmed the fix. Iā€™ve made other changes so I donā€™t want to push to git and dirty the code. Feel free to confirm this and update git yourself (or anyone for that matter :stuck_out_tongue:)

-Derek

I figured thatā€™s what stuart is referring. Thank you so much.

time to weldā€¦

1 Like

Have you built a v3 or v4 board @Shawn_Maker ?

@stuart it is a v4board. I ordered another D1, older version, and it is doing the same thing. Iā€™m starting to wonder if it is my router. Sometimes the css doesnā€™t load. I have tried it on Chrome, Edge, Firefox and even internet exploder. I have even tried it right next to the router. I used the compiled files to flash the D1 and the module and get no errors. Module even flashes green every so many seconds. I thought it may have been the D1.

@stuart debugging the page shows timeout errors when loading the scripts.

Kiwihacker - Interested in your offer, I want to make about 20, do you have enough for that?

Troy

@Shawn_Maker I suspect this is a faulty WeMos D1 - the device is slow though so donā€™t expect rocket loading speed from it!

Hi Stuart.

Thanks for the update. While itā€™s good to see Iā€™m not the only one, itā€™s a strange issue in a solid setup.

PMā€™d you.

I went for black solder mask and red connectors.

5 Likes

Did you get the files? Iā€™m about to begin building.