DIYBMS v4

Cool. I’m not adventurous enough for that. I’ll wait I guess. You wouldn’t think it eh, but 30 years in IT for international companies. But I have some mental block when it comes to programming and anything more then the basics of Platform.io.

While it may only be 3 places I don’t know what files they are in. So I’ll put it on hold. I’m running an older version of the code, and it’s doing the job at the moment so no rush. It’s been working for a good year at this rate

The issue with the master branch not compiling due to the external Queue library being renamed has been fixed. The code is in the master branch on GitHub.

@lanzecki you can update now!

1 Like

Cheers Stuart"

That was quick

1 Like

Thanks for those infos.
Can it be a simple option to interrupt bypass during voltage acquisition ?

Hi again,
Another question, if I remove the resistors for an external load the power dissipation limit is fixed by Q1 spec ? I think about grouping 10W loads in a dedicated box to reuse the heat.
Regards,

The problem with this is that it takes several seconds for the voltage to “bounce back” when the load is removed from the cell. This makes it almost impossible to balance and take “unloaded” measurements at the same time.

It may be possible to calculate this if the internal resistance of the cell is known, as this is what causes the voltage drop in the first place.

If you want to increase the current/power drain, then there are a lot of items which needs to be changed, including the cables, JST connectors, width of PCB traces etc. Not just as simple as moving to an external load.

Umm, I’ve got a wemos D1 mini pro with esp.8266EX. Flashing is fine, but can’t access the IP. SSID show up and I can connect, but 192.168.4.1 is just empty. Do I have the wrong chip?
EDIT: 192.168.4.1 comes up with HTTP Error 500

I just flashed one of my wimos’ and it got an ip from my router straight away. I didn’t need to go thru the 192.168.4.1 process.

The point is are you sure it’s on 192.168.4.1? Does it ping? Is there a new wifi network being broadcast?

Yes, there is a new network called DIY_BMS_CONTROLLER
Connecting and pinging is fine.

You need to build and upload “Filesystem image” also, otherwise there is no data/pages to serve, i.e Error 500

that was it. Thank you :slight_smile:

Ok, that’s clear to me now. Thanks

That’s right. Thanks

Hi. Thanks for assistance Stuart and MatsCedergren.

I’ve finally updated my V4 BMS boards and controller to the latest version

Just one issue, changing the temp coefficent or V. Calibration Multiplier doesn’t seem to save the changes. Has anyone come across this?

Checked on bank 0. Saves 0, 1 module. I have not connected the rest yet.

Did you upload file system image?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Q13Ll3MUP6wkvkedLLMJBcGsZsHs2uH

is this normal behaviour of cells not being charged ? or is something causing misreads ?

I would like to dump the excess into LED lighting for micro-greens or something as well , lots of wasted power , ideally active balancing would be my first priority for a more efficient balancer

Hi. On the older firware; (I’ve only just upgraded to the latest)

The behavior looks like cells are being discharged to balance. It’s normal for the cell voltage to drop (it’s less obvious the more cells you have) as the discharge circuit kicks in. The bar should turn red and the voltage drops. Once the BMS stops discharge the cell will recover V and the bar should turn blue, but it doesn’t seem to be doing that on any cell there.

I’ve just checked mine and it’s displaying the same as yours. The only issue I see is that the Voltage bars for each cell are not turning blue immediately once discharge stops. I suspect this delay may be by design. To allow the cell some recovery time before turning blue, the red bar indicates that the cell is in a state of change.

Stuart will be along soon to gently mock my suggestion.