DIYBMS v4

is this the external shunt? what firmware are you using for this?
i had no problems with CurrentShunt [Release-2023-01-25-12-26]

Yes is the external Shunt. The version release is
Compiled_Firmware_2023-03-29-08-24.zip

It really doesn’t matter too much, but I tried to use the option to manually change the SOC and it didn’t let me, maybe I should update the Shunt Firmware, it is true that it has the first version that I installed, a year or a year ago and medium more or less

Is it possible to have dynamic discharge as well with the new controller canbus? My cells seem to go out of whack at the bottom end rather than the top so slowing the rate of discharge should help

Not presently, but open a GitHub issue for this and we can put it on the list.

Stuart, I order the lastest V4.5 module with JLCPCB. They notice an inversion with the D2 and ask for confirmation.

Could you confirm it ?

they often place it wrong

Correct.

compiled latest code for ESP32, on latest VSC/PlatformIO et al in win10 64bit (ie. what I’m always using).
I have to compile as I modify/add bits in influxdb.cpp to monitor some more things on it
two Qs:

1. why do I get a couple of warnings:

In file included from src/tft.cpp:35:
.pio/libdeps/esp32-devkitc/TFT_eSPI/TFT_eSPI.h:970:8: warning: #warning >>>>------>> TOUCH_CS pin not defined, TFCompiling .pio\build\esp32-devkitc\src\webserver.cpp.o
T_eSPI touch functions will not be available! [-Wcpp]
#warning >>>>------>> TOUCH_CS pin not defineCompiling .pio\build\esp32-devkitc\src\webserver_helper_funcs.cpp.o
d, TFT_eSPI touch functions will not be available!
^~~~~~~
fwiw, tft screen and touch work fine…

1. can I compile code to a .bin file for OTA installation? if so, how?

2. I have 1.9F modules with last spring’s code working fine, do I have any reason to update them as well?
    Hope not as updating the current monitor (and remembering how I did it last year) will be hard enough for today!

cheers

V.

PS. needless to say that I’ve updated what’s updatable, and rebooted VSC a few times for good measure…

Ignore the touch-cs warning I get those as well!

If you use the generate filesystem image option in platformio, then take a look in the .pio folder, you should see a file suitable for OTA upload, it will be about 1.5M in size.

1 Like

I got my diy bms today , along with addon shunt board , V4.5 modules , chapulino’s board , ina229 , attiny and so on.
Now after testing is working great butt …
Is it possible to conect multiple controlers in a daisy chain configuration , like pylontech. 1 master and slaves?
The reason for asking is that i have 13 lifepo4 packs , 16S 100Ah and i have no ideea how to proceed further. I do not want to put all cells in paralel for the weight reason but also for the redundant function it provides , if one pack goes , the 12 remaining packs are still suplying energy to the inverter.
If is posible to make the controlers comunicate with one another like pylontech , or a separate device/controler that comunicates with all modules present via can bus or serial , sums the info up and send it to the inverter via CAN BUS.
The other way arround this is to fit 2 controlers , one controler with 7 packs and the other with 6 packs and if one pack goes , the whole 7 packs are shut down but i do not like this aproach.

A single controller can run multiple banks. Just connect cell monitors to each cell in a daisy chain and then select 2 banks in the settings

Hi all, just in case. Does anyone have extra cell boards v4.21 ? I have 3, so if I could get 1 or 5 more, it would be great (so I can test some LifePo cells for now, before I order the new boards) Ideally if location is between Belgium and The Netherlands - Thanks

but the controller can run up to 128 modules. Doing the math that will suffice to 8 16S banks but i have 13 16S banks.
Also loading 128 modules on the web interface would be a huge demand for the ESP I suppose.
I will try but the web interface will be very cluttered.

That’s a lot of banks! Multiple controllers makes sense.

I know , daisy chaining controllers or aggregating data from multiple controllers would be nice. Since the controller has can bus , I would like to use that feature with my inverters , but since daisy chain is impossible at the moment , I will use them without. But my PV setup is the perfect setup for testing new code for data aggregation , Pylontech like comms. In the end my setup would comprise of 20 16S 100Ah packs , 20 controllers and 320 cell monitoring boards.
Today arrived 25 controllers , 500 V4.5 boards , 25 shunt addon boards , 25 chapulino`s board layout.
I would be more than happy to test some code regarding data aggregation.

I recently lost the SOC info for one of my batteries on the Home tab.
Now I’ve lost all the status info… is this a recent feature?
Can I get it back?

It’s still there in the Tiles tab:

Go to the tiles tab and click on the information you want on the home page.

Continuing the discussion from DIYBMS v4:

Very nice thankyou.
Sadly controller still falls over whenever I browse Storage.

version

Same on older version on 2nd battery. Config files are there as the OTA update was successful :grinning:

Can you describe what you mean by “falls over”? What messages do you see? Does the controller reboot?

The code version you are running includes a fix for the error message you see.

At worst, could you try another memory card and/or format the existing one on a PC, it could be corrupt.

This issue was raised and fixed over here… SD card disappeared · Issue #202 · stuartpittaway/diyBMSv4ESP32 · GitHub

As in the picture above if I browse to the Storage tab, and do nothing, I see the red bar "Cannot communicate… " after a couple of seconds and the controller restarts. I’ve tried other cards seems consistent? Seems to read the card OK after controller update so it sounds like some history on the card is causing it. Nothing else on the card. I’ve got a spare controller on the bench I can experiment with. The problem report you mention seems slightly different and I was seeing that previously although I’m not sure I tried not pressing mount before?