DIYBMS v4

In the new controller, as you can reset the Wifi, without reloading the firmware and therefore losing the configurations, I have tried changing the data in the SD but it does not connect to the new network.

To change the WiFi settings, use a usb cable connection to the controller and reboot the controller.

Press space bar when prompted to change the WiFi settings.

Thanks Stuart

thanks for the warning, I had not noticed this detail. But if we think that the problem is caused by an increase in the resistance of the common cable, which distorts the value of the next cell, if the section of the cable is large enough to prevent this increase in resistance from causing an erroneous reading in the voltage of the next cell, do you think it could be worth? I was going to order five test plates, but I don’t want to waste my time or money either.
As the maximum current that will flow through this common cable is 2 x 850Ma, I had thought to use cable for 5A (AWG 15 minimum)

Sorry, hsdn‘t tested yet, but I think you can give an online csble calculator a try.

But even if only 20mV drop, it can cause unwanted chain reactions on top level balancing.

13 posts were split to a new topic: Module voltage “bounce” - sample averaging

Thanks . I will better do an empirical test. I will monitor all the changes with influx in real time to see the possible reactions in cascade if they happen.

There is no doubt that a 16s system with 32 threads is the best solution, but I want to try reducing the threads to 17. Additionally, once I verify everything is ok, I will add to the experiment, an active balancer to test how they operate together.

The idea is to leave the first balancing section in the hands of the active balancer (eg in Lifepo4 cells) up to 3.3v and maintain the balance with both DIYBMS and active balancer between 3.3v and 3.45V-3.50v since I have not yet determined how much. I will charge.
DIYBMS will provide detailed monitoring of the experience through Influx.

Despite using thick cables, I have been able to verify the cascade effect, a cell starts to unload and is dragging the previous ones. It is a short time, but if it is an unwanted effect that originates in the fact that the same cable is negative for one cell and positive for the next, therefore, discarded the option, Thank you very much

another matter .
Stuart I have prepared another new controller, it does not have the TJA1057gt / 3.

In principle it works well but has a peculiarity. It starts up but the screen remains blank, check that at this point if it entered with a serial monitor through the port, the boot cycle would be activated and it went to a complete state, showing data on the screen, etc. Then I have also verified that the same effect is obtained by pressing the RST button of the Esp32.
That is, I start the controller, the screen remains completely white but if I press RST then it restarts and the screen image appears. Does it happen to you what may be causing this dysfunction?

Does it work with the screen disconnected?

I’ve had another report of something similar, the code hasn’t changed for the TFT screen for a long time.

Perhaps the PCB layout on the TFT is different?

checking the http://jlcpcb.com/ for 2 weeks already and can’t order a board, lots of components out of stock,how do you guys get your boards, that’s just crazy :slight_smile:

I don’t at the moment, had no luck since April!

1 Like

there is a way to backorder parts, but for some of them you need to buy like 4000 pcs :slight_smile: Should we start group order? :slight_smile:

@stuart : I know this is probably somewhere in the huge thread above, but I will just ask here,
I need to program a new weemos as the magic smoke escaped my old one as well from the inverter.
So I v4.21 boards, the latest diyBMSv4Code still compatible ?

Thanks inadvance

Yes v4.21 boards are fully supported.

@stuart Thank you Sir, and are mixing boards supported ?, I am now expanding my bank with another 14S for which I need to order modules. My plan is to order more modules and at the same time the new controller, Can I run 4.21 and 4.4 boards on the old controller and the new controller ?

Appreciate it !

Stuart were is the list of start error codes of shunt ?
I once saw them in detail, but now I can’t find them
friend has 5 flash start error

I autoresponder

any idea to solve the error 5 flashes err_WriteConfig ?

Yes different modules are fine, the controller will show a warning message about it, but nothing to worry about

1 Like

could someone post the available relais rules? I havent soldered my boards together yet, but i would like to continue with my system design.
Thanks in advance!