DIYBMS v4

Just Starting to bring online my Lithium Titanate Oxide ( LTO ) BMS today, so far so good.

1 Like

Thx but I haven’t seen a video that explains how to set the parameters in the diyBMS for example for a life battery. I made the build and most of the videos if not all is about how to build and compile and not so much about the configuration.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Module v4.2 swapping R19 and R20

Finally got my 22S LTO bank running, took a little to work out bank arrangement so all 22 are displayed, extremely happy with it, thanks to Stuart.

1 Like

Looks great, why is the round trip showing 60,000 ? For your setup should be more like 4500.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Cell board coming up as zero voltages

hi to all,
I´m late “” We don’t have enough diyBMS V4 Module Populated PCB KIT x4 stock on hand for the quantity you selected. Please try again. “”
I need only more 2 :frowning:

Does anyone have a spare programed ESP8266 for sale in the uk ie so i can just enter my internet details? I am trying to see if its my pc thats causing my programing problems. I know its not me as i have had help step by step on programing them from Stuart, thank you again
If anyone has one can you private message me.
Cheers Mike

1 year after i bought all the stuff i finally decided to finish it, not easy to solder by hand as the pads could be a bit bigger, not easy to program as platformio is not intuitive at all but thanks to Stuart for this wonderful piece of engineering.
Thanks also to Colin Hickey, Adam Welch, Ricks Gadgets and gelisob for their great videos that explain it all from start to finish.
I had a susprise at first my battery was at 4.15v so all modules started to go red after 10s i had to program the voltage one by one :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Very nice Marc!, Looks good and congrats to you for finishing it. It looks like you used an arduino in place of a USBASP module. Did you load the programming via arduino IDE app? Grats buddy I hope to be where you’re at soon!

yes as i saw on Ricks Gadgets video load with platformio

Hi Stuart, I did have 4,422 msec round trip at one stage but after a controller restart it has gone back to 60,000, I don’t know how or why this is?,I have gone to the dark theme software on the controller in a hope to be able to get my emonpi to read all the battery voltages, but still only getting the first 13 boards to read on the emonpi inputs, the rest are listed in the inputs, but do not record any data.

The controller starts at 60,000 but after the first successful read of all the modules it should then show the actual round trip time - this is important as it uses this value to determine if a module has gone offline/fault.

Are you using the code from the GITHUB branch I mentioned previously ?

Glad you got it working!

Please ensure you use as short cables as possible - including the power connectors, ideally these are connected directly to the battery terminals on each series cell.

I have just worked out my comms length cabling, adding each pair of comms cabling into a single strand of cabling it works out to be about 8,400 mm long, might look at seeing how short i can go, just wondering if I twist the comms cabling, like network cabling so as not to get crosstalk between the pairs?

The comms isn’t too much of a problem at that length, definitely twist it though. You need power wires as short as possible - don’t forget you will be pulling nearly 1amp down those wires.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: DIYBMS v4 ebay sellters

Hi!
What’s the easiest way to upload to emoncms using url + apikey? Anyone using this method?
Thank you!

Integration → MQTT

before: firmware “HysteresisRules” - verified!

Use the Mqtt settings