DIYBMS for Lithium titanate battery cells (LTO)

Should be an easy fix, you need to flash the controller using the new code. The LTO boards have only ever been supported by that version. The communications protocols are completely different.

Have configure to 21S, but only reads the first 16 cells ( 0/0 to 0/15 ) if I skip along and miss the first 5 cells with the comms, I can see the last 16 cells.
I have to redo a board to get my 22S, it has 2 fast flashing LEDs when i connect the comms to it

Nice work. I have lost track a bit of the issue that you had (software side). Could you post a description what you did that could serve as a manual for later?

Ross, I’ve literally just fixed that, I missed a change out of github so thats been fixed. The new release is " Release-2021-01-20-14-47"

Hi Tony, I’ve not publically released the boards, whilst waiting for @Ross to be the guinea pig!

I’ll push them up to github once confirmed they are good. The ordering process from JLC is quite straight forward, if you take a look at the YouTube video I put together below, the process for the LTO boards would be similar.

[https://youtu.be/E1OS0ZOmOT8]

Excellent - thanks. I’ll keep an eye on github then.

I have re-flashed all BMS modules and controller, I have all BMS modules showing but locks up 30 secs after powering up the controller the same the moment that the controller starts talking to the module ( 30 secs) with a permanent green led light on the last module only of the 22S ( 0/21 ), powering down the controller and the green LED still light, only when the BMS module is power cycled that the green LED goes out, I have swap out modules and still the same problem

Thanks @Ross, is this version Release-2021-01-20-17-13 ?

I’ll drop you a PM to discuss troubleshooting whilst we resolve this.

Just checking if the LTO board has gone further, or if there is still a problem?

Hi Stuart. Very interesting project. I note it is dating from Dec '20. Can you advise me on where the project is now?

Probably a good place to start is with my YouTube videos.

Heres the playlist…

Hi,

Is this design available at Github/diyBMSv4 for v4.4 ?

Rgds

I still see it…

Disc shaped design of PCB not in Github. Isn’t it ?

ahh… sorry… I didn’t see it was a reply about the disc shaped one.
@stuart would have to answer. He can probably send you the files??

https://community.openenergymonitor.org/t/re-diybms-for-lithium-titanate-battery-cells-lto/16310
You will find the files here. make sure you use the 12.5mm hole gerber file

the modules have been running great with latest updates

Updated link:

[Updated in line with the post below - Moderator (RW)]

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately the link doesn’t exist or is private.

Here is a link

1 Like

great. thank you.

1 Like

Last 3 days of 22S LTO 66160 voltages with round BMS

Last 30 days of balancing current in mAh