DIYBMS for Lithium titanate battery cells (LTO)

ESP32 running the round LTO 66160 boards

3 Likes

Hi Stuart, love what you have done with this BMS. If we need to order these same BMS’s how much would they cost in what lots. Also need to discuss about them further so let me know how and where to connect. Sorry for being so abrupt, have been looking for these exact same BMS’s for a while and am new to this community.

Love what you have done with this Bank. I am new to this field and need some help and guidance creating the exact same bank that you have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also have you documented this build anywhere found you from Facebook even left a reply there for you.

Hope this will help
This is my YouTube playlist of the LTO build

30 boards Total: A$101.77

This is a link to my Victron VRM for my LTO battery bank showing real time data
https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/111942/share/61369162

Thank you for the reply…… is there anyone or any place i can order a readymade board. Complete with programming. Also do you have a complete list of items used for your project like the display and software like you have made.

I basically want to replicate the system as in the video seems perfect.

This is great

There is no one making these boards ready made, you will have to build them yourself, JLCPCB will build the board with all the components soldered except for any components that are not in stock like Attiny841 and terminals, the order that is in previous post show the details of the soldered components and position of components

Hi everyone, I just joined the sight and recently joined the LTO club as well with a whopping 100x cells.

What is the latest on availability of the round LTO balancer boards? Is JLCPCB still the best/only option per @Ross above? Any suggestions on where to purchase them (preferably assembled) but unassembled would work too, if that is my only option.

Thanks!

Being a DIY BMS I think the only option is make them yourself from the download files on this site as there is little demand for LTO batteries due to cost it then becomes a supply as you need them, these are not for profit under it’s licence making, so making them yourself is the only option.

Hi, I am curious why the round design PCB is not included at Github/diyBMSv4? The link points to the gerber data only, which complicates the contribution or improvement of the design.

Hi Hakub, are you looking for the PCB files?, I have them on my cloud

I am looking for KiCAD project. Board schematics etc. I just found this thread and checked the link to the GitHub repo, which seems does not contain the LTO PCB variant discussed here. But overall looks like a perfect project that exactly matches a solution for my home-backup LTO battery pack. Unfortunately, I want to use some smaller cells (size 18650), therefore I need to tune the design for these LTO cells. A complete redesign is an ineffective approach for that because I think that the PCB board variant should be pull-requested to the project upstream.

If you send me a private message with your email, I will forward the files to you

Thank you for the generous offer. That could help me a lot! Is the original author of the LTO variant of PCB (probably the @stuart) OK with that?

Yes it is Stuart’s design

Hey guys, amazing project, registered right away :slight_smile:
I have a question about the round BMS board, is it enough to just screw this board to the batteries?
I have a memory, unfortunately many batteries are defective because none were monitored.
I am concerned with protection against undervoltage and overvoltage when charging the individual batteries. I don’t need any visualization or special controls.
Can someone explain to me if this works?
Many thanks from Germany.

Mine screw to the battery stud with a nylon washer each side and a M12 nylon washer, the PCB is not electrically connected to the battery stud.

HI i Have problem with ModuleV421_Round_bom_jlc can not use asamble funktion by jlcpcb you have new version i need it for Yinlong LTO 66160F LTO Batterie 40Ah thanks

There was only one version of this round module.