Interesting, so i took a look and my RSSI is -51.
Similar to my EmonTxV3 @ -48, which is working fine.
I just noticed, when logged into the EmonESP, it suggests packet success is 99.9%.
Could that mean that the board is not generating the messages when required?
Could the newly added comms over M-Bus be interfering with the process in any way?
Is that the sending end or the receiving end, or both?
For a while, it’s been considered a “good idea” to send the data a little more frequently than the database is set to receive it. If the rates are exactly matched, and the data arrives in the middle of its time slot (for the PHPFINA database), all is well. But if it sent at a slightly slower rate - because the timebase isn’t perfect - it will slowly creep towards the trailing end of its slot and then fall into the next one, leaving an empty slot. On the other hand, if it’s sent slightly faster, it will creep forwards and eventually fall into a slot that still contains the previous value. That gets overwritten, you lose it but there aren’t any gaps in the data. I suspect what you’re seeing could be explained in this way.
If it’s the repetition rate, it’s probably OK. If it’s the time between doing its thing (therefore you add the time for that), it may well not be, depending on what it’s doing. I don’t know that software, I’d need to find it and check.