Change the data acquisition time of the feeds

Hi all, I need a very simple help ( I suppose ) , I have several feeds set but I am not able to change the acquisition time once the feed is created, so to solve the problem I have to create a new feed, is this the only way?
Thanks for the help.

Yes you will need to create a new fixed interval feed as the intervals cannot be changed once set.

If the data was valuable enough you could write a custom script to do the job but since there are so many types of data there is no universal way of stretching or thinning the existing data.

Thanks for the confirmation.

[quote=“pb66, post:2, topic:2346”]
Yes you will need to create a new fixed interval feed as the intervals cannot be changed once set.
[/quote]Could the interface state what the time interval is? A while ago I wanted to create a new feed with the same parameters as an existing one but had no idea what interval I had set.

Brian - I cannot answer the question about the Interface but here is how to display the interval for a PHPfina feed.

Display_PHPfina_Feed_Interval

1 Like

@TrystanLea wrote some blog posts when he designed the databases, reading those would be a starting point. I think MySQL is used for the database parameters, so what you ask might be in there. But I could well be wrong.

Hi Brian,

I agree that would be useful.

Unfortunately not!

@Jon - Good idea to add it to the cheat sheet, although TBH, I would of never thought of looking there.

However I think Brian is aware of the commandline option from a previous discussion and specifically asking for the meta to be readily available on or from the emoncms pages.

1 Like

One of those things I do infrequently so forget between events. However, I usually have a 3 strikes rule for others and that must be 2, so best I remember for next time :slight_smile: