XBee Modules with Emontx Shield

Hi there, I have an Arduino UNO and an Emontx Arduino Shield as well as a raspberry pi. Right now i have a UART connection from the arduino to the Pi. What I’m wondering is, if I could connect an Xbee Module on top of the EmonTX Shield on the arduino, to allow for wireless transmisson of the data to the Raspberry Pi. I’m just not sure if because all the same pins are being used by the EmonTX Shield, can I also use them for an Xbee module. I DO NOT have the RFM part of the emontx shield, or would it be easier to buy that part and implement it that way? TIA

Kate

Adding the RFM69CW would be by far the simplest way forward, and the one most of us here are very familiar with.

The XBee was considered for the emonTx V3.2, so if you get the circuit diagram etc for that from Github, it should give you a good guide to the interconnections needed. But as far as I’m aware, no corresponding software was ever published.

@glyn.hudson or @TrystanLea should be able to help more than I can.

Answering your deleted post, this: RFM69Pi 433Mhz Raspberry Pi Base Station Transceiver - Shop | OpenEnergyMonitor
Our emonCMS download has everything for your Pi - operating system, emonCMS, emonHub and all the supporting software.

Thank you for all of your support, Robert. I just purchased the RFMPi, and the RFM69CW.
Cheers
K

1 Like