WVC inverter MQTT Data logging for all versions of inverters

Hi,Mr Thales Maia

We are very glad that you are interested in testing and improving our products. You can send your questions to me, and I will tell our software engineers, if conditions permit, we can open the agreement to you, and let you go Making new communication equipment, maybe we can cooperate further, we express open opinions on this!

1 Like

by this “interrupted” it grabs some data but not all of it ??? as some data that is gathered by the newer modem uses other specific command that the older inverter do not support…

@thalesmaia if you used the interceptty (GitHub - geoffmeyers/interceptty) it converted to human readable form… or you could use cutecom…

hopefully you get it to work with your version of wvc inverter 700 … if not when ever I get around to buying more of these inverters I will try myself. but I order the hc-12 and see if I get that work with my older ones … and if I do it be one step closer to getting the 700/1400 to work

here a image of inside the modem for your curiosity it running at 5 volt and the colour code is backwards-- but since Anson_Guo has offered to help you more directly … there no real need for me to debug further for you.-- my next step would be either sniff the 433 signal or patch off the serial connections and read the data stream. to see what happening and the chipset are pic 16f7x

but it would seam that they have one micro controller to do the serial pass the data to the second controller that translates and passes the data to the hc-12 (whether it still at buad rate of 9600 or lower or higher is another question)… and vise versa ( via usart) – it would seam to be fairly easy to hack it if I want too… ie attach an esp/arduino to it and a wireless or direct serial

Maybe they’ve changed the pic code but not the HC12. If you can get the package from HC12, it would be very nice. I was trying to bruteforce config for HC12, but if you can put SET to GND and send “AT+RX”, it will return all configurations.

Hello @stephen, were you able to read anything from the HC12?
My inverter is now placed above my roof. I can still test if, but no more on my bench.

Hi here, i have little time to give away my finds
This is my modem R2 , the old model i bought.

FD0808F6 : this is the ID used in the protocole (see above)

see the HC12 with red wires . Seems to replace the “on power serial transmit data”
The HC12 use the Factory parameters : don’t change it.

In red : the Modem question begin with F2, 4005 ( MicroInverter ID), 65 (question)" , FD0808F6 (Modem ID)
In Blue : the Wvc response
F2 4005 75 (response) , FD 08 : i don’t know ? First 2 octets of Modem ID, 9 octets, FD0808F6 (Modem ID)

To resume the systeme:

Only the temp use 1 octets, other use 2 octets.

2 Likes

My hour and hour research of protocol explaining :

1 Like

sorry was waiting for my hc12 to come first before I start messing around with my modem. I think it should be here either this week or the following

I confirm that, using a H12 and a R3 WVC microinverter, there is no response.
I also tried different variations.

Check the new modem manual attached. Maybe that enlighten someone.

@SuperNinja is there any other message smaller than 8-bytes? Status? Power-on/off?

did you open your micro inverter to find HC12 ?
Mine is like this :

HC12 at the bottom with red wire

How did you connect an read datas from the HC12 (receiver) ?

this is exactely what i received in Hex form with a TTL to USB converter like this :
Rx, Tx, Gnd, Vcc : connected to the HC12 , USB connected on my PC or smartphone with a terminal App.

The old protocol only display Volt In , Amp In , Volt out, AMp Out, Temp

Carefull : there is incompatibility between HC12
is not the same as :

I did not. I was afraid of losing some water proof insulation. I saw a teardown video with some glue within.

According to @Anson_Guo, the protocol is different. However the hardware is the same since the new modem can communicate with old inverters.

Just noticed that I forget to attach the pdf file.

Messages that I was trying:
0xf2, 0x40, 0x00, 0x01, 0x57, 0x65, 0x80, 0x55
0xf2, 0x40, 0x00, 0x01, 0x57, 0x65, 0xfd, 0x08, 0x08, 0xf6
0x40, 0x00, 0x01, 0x57, 0xf2, 0x65, 0x80, 0x55
0x40, 0x00, 0x01, 0x57, 0xf2, 0x65, 0xfd, 0x08, 0x08, 0xf6

My HC12 board is the black one. I will order the blue.

just carefull about the center IC : mine is
si4463

some other HC12 are :
si4438 and 4463 are not compatible !

mine has a seal that does not get damaged when dismantling. I don’t know how yours is made … After that, if it is placed under the solar panel, it does not fear much.

are you sure about 4438 as the image above is exactly what hc-12 on my modem is using – but here one one on ebay that list as si4436 but uses chipset 4438
or one from alibaba that has the same water marks also using 4438 chipset or as one can see from my modem image above which say 44382a ( i can not find my digital microscope to take picture of it)

yes this is where the compatibility problem is:
on your ebay link the description is 4436 while the photo is 4438.
the same thing on your aliexpress link: description 4463 and photo 4438. The photo of a buyer shows, I think, a 4438 (square circuits)
On your modem it would seem that there is a 4438 (the UART ic converter, is square), that’s how I make the difference.

Some buyers said :

The ic have to be exactely same.

Tell us when you find your microscope :wink:

as you can see from my WVC modem V2 it is 44382a and my modem supposedly backwards compatible to older inverters. while the older wvc v1 is not compatible with my1200w GTI or the 600W GTI

here a better picture of the chip

i think you have to standardize your HC-12 : remove 4438 for 4463 like this :

or change the old 4463 for true 4438, but pay attention of fake !
you’ll get a 100% compatible system : modem, wvc new & old and more things.

now you just lost me – why would I want to replace my HC-12 in my WVC modem. it a factory made device and works with inverters… you seam to be blowing smoke now…

sorry, my english is very bad, but i understood that you had an old micro inverter which was not compatible with the new modem. So if you want your complete system (old wvc + new) to work all, with the same modem, you have to standardize the HC-12. :slightly_smiling_face:

no worries things happen-- but now you understand why I believe the 4483 will work as my new modem - they are only a few months old when ever I posted the above link on github for the software that reads the data from it- maybe a week before i received them.

curios did you ever figure out how to get the data off… if not give mine a try and let me know if it works for you… I only tried it on 1200w (120volt ) version and it works fine for me . and I believe it will work with other versions …

here a output from mine :slight_smile:

if you are wondering why my panels output staggered they are aligned in an arc so I have a longer day of production. since all my power produced is kept in house I did not want to much to contented with a peak of day and spread it out a little and extended my day production which in the summer is 16 hrs of production

1 Like