Web interface not working after initial setup

Hello guys,

Im having problems to access the web interface of OpenEVSE after setting up the Wi-Fi parameters.

Im following these steps:

• At first time, using a computer im connecting in the default SSID from OpenVSE (OpenEVSE_XXXXXXX)
  • I can access the web interface through the IP address 192.168.4.1
  • The web interface shows me the SSID from my access point, and then i put the password from my network
  • Them the OpenEVSE connects into my infrastructure, and I can see in OpenEVSE display the IP address that it obtained from my DHCP server
  • I can see the OpenEVSE connected to my access point as a client, I can ping the IP address from OpenEVSE, but when I try to access the web interface from OpenEVSE it does not respond.

Is this normal? Or should I access the OpenEVSE web interface normally using the IP address that it obtained?

Thank you guys!

Once you select the SSID of your normal network and enter the password, the OpenEVSE will shutdown the AP you connected to first time and connect to your normal WiFi network. You then need to use the new IP address allocated by your network (remembering to connect the computer back to your normal WiFi network).

Do you really mean ‘from’ or do you mean you can ping (using the new IP address) the OpenEVSE from your computer?

Once you select the SSID of your normal network and enter the password, the OpenEVSE will shutdown the AP you connected to first time and connect to your normal WiFi network. You then need to use the new IP address allocated by your network (remembering to connect the computer back to your normal WiFi network).

Yes, my computer and the OpenEVSE are connected to the same network.

Do you really mean ‘from’ or do you mean you can ping (using the new IP address) the OpenEVSE from your computer?

I can ping the OpenEVSE from my computer.

The problem seems to be just the Web Interface from OpenEVSE, i dont know if a specific URL after the IP address is necessary.

Thank you!

1 Like

Have you tried restarting the WiFi module or the OpenEVSE. It should re-connect to your network.

What error does your browser return when you try to access the IP address?

Can you access the status page e.g http:///status

Have you tried restarting the WiFi module or the OpenEVSE. It should re-connect to your network.

Yes, i tried.

It shows me just a white/blank page.

Follow the information that it returns:

{“mode”:“STA”,“wifi_client_connected”:1,“srssi”:-57,“ipaddress”:“192.168.0.59”,“emoncms_connected”:0,“packets_sent”:185,“packets_success”:0,“mqtt_connected”:0,“ohm_hour”:“NotConnected”,“free_heap”:23328,“comm_sent”:3264,“comm_success”:3258,“amp”:0,“pilot”:6,“temp1”:295,“temp2”:-2560,“temp3”:-2560,“state”:1,“elapsed”:0,“wattsec”:0,“watthour”:0,“gfcicount”:0,“nogndcount”:0,“stuckcount”:0,“divertmode”:1,“solar”:0,“grid_ie”:0,“charge_rate”:0,“divert_update”:6741}

Thank you!

Yes, i tried.

It shows me just a white/blank page.

Follow the information that it returns:

{“mode”:“STA”,“wifi_client_connected”:1,“srssi”:-57,“ipaddress”:“192.168.0.59”,“emoncms_connected”:0,“packets_sent”:185,“packets_success”:0,“mqtt_connected”:0,“ohm_hour”:“NotConnected”,“free_heap”:23328,“comm_sent”:3264,“comm_success”:3258,“amp”:0,“pilot”:6,“temp1”:295,“temp2”:-2560,“temp3”:-2560,“state”:1,“elapsed”:0,“wattsec”:0,“watthour”:0,“gfcicount”:0,“nogndcount”:0,“stuckcount”:0,“divertmode”:1,“solar”:0,“grid_ie”:0,“charge_rate”:0,“divert_update”:6741}

Thank you!

can you help me ?

Mmm it’s very strange the module is defiantly connected to your network correctly and web server is working but the web resources are not loading. Assuming you have tried a different web browser / device?

We will send you a replacement WiFi module that we have double tested eliminate any possibility of hardware issues. What is your shop order number?

Is there anything non-standard about your home WiFi network/router that could be effecting this?