Wanted: RFM69Pi or RFM12Pi?

I’m after another RFM69Pi or RFM12Pi, specifically the 868mHz version if anyone has one spare.

I’d buy one from the shop but they seem to be 433Mhz only now.

Thanks!

Yes, we’ve standardised on 433 MHz for some years now.

Wrong - there’s this too:

and add your 868 MHz RFM69CW obtained from the usual suspects.

Ah! Thanks for that Robert, I’d missed that.
Is the firmware in the ATMEGA set up to a 433Mhz though?
I suppose I could reflash it is needed.

Yes, it will be set to 433 MHz.

I think you can change it via SSH. You need to stop emonhub: sudo service emonhub stop, then use minicom to talk to the ATmega328P: minicom -D /dev/ttyAMA0 -b 38400 and tell it 8b, which should switch it to 868MHz. (? lists the commands and the current configuration.)
[Ctrl-A] [x] to leave minicom.
Then restart emonhub: sudo service emonhub start
That setting should be retained in EEPROM

If that fails, or you prefer, I think the file you need to edit is on your SD card:
/opt/openenergymonitor/RFM2Pi/firmware/RFM69CW_RF_Demo_ATmega328/RFM69CW_RF12_Demo_ATmega328/src/src.ino

when you’ve changed the frequency, compile it and upload into the ATmega328P with

sudo service emonhub stop
avrdude -v -c arduino -p ATMEGA328P -P /dev/ttyAMA0 -b 115200 -U flash:w:/opt/openenergymonitor/RFM2Pi/firmware/RFM69CW_RF_Demo_ATmega328/RFM69CW_RF12_Demo_ATmega328/src/src.ino.hex
sudo service emonhub start

[CHECK the name of the compiled file - I think I’ve got it right but…
My excuse is I’m working on that area, so I’m not running a standard version at present.]

Or if using emonhub just edit emonhub.conf [[RFM2Pi]][[[runtimesettings]]] frequency = 433 to frequency = 868 either via ssh or via the emoncms “config” page if running a emonSD image. Job done :grin: