Wamp Server installation

Do you mean that or do you mean you loaded the image onto a new SD Card and inserted that into the RPi?

It is not possible to run it off a Flash Drive driectly.

We loaded the image on the new SD card and inserted it in the RPi? Does it make a difference?

OK, great - just lost in translation :grinning:.

If you know the IP Address of the Pi, just browse to that IP address from a computer on the same network. This guide should help

https://guide.openenergymonitor.org/setup/connect/

If the Pi is just Wi-Fi, the guide will help you get started.

Quite interesting. I can access the GUI page of the emoncms which then requests for my credentials. Thanks for this. This however means I have to have two systems. I am looking to create a display that is fed directly from the pi. How can I transit from the terminal to the GUI using the pi? Unfortunately I cannot access my

You have lost me. Do you have 2 physical RPis?

I mean, I need to have a PC and a Pi. I thought if i installed the EmonSD image onto the Pi, it would be possible to operate as though I had Raspian on the Pi with the emonCMS database on the same device. The whole reason of having a local EmonCMS is to customize it for the end user. I do not know if this can be done in any other way, but may be this is the best we can do it.

So EmonCMS is setup on the RPi so database etc is all on that - you can unplug the keyboard, monitor etc if you want. On your PC, you simply use a web browser to access the system on the Pi. So use the IP address of the Pi from the PC and you have what you want (I think).

I think Lewis might want to connect a monitor to the emon Rpi rather than view via the browser of another device (possibly?)

Could be - that’s what I am trying to tease out. Installing a desktop environment onto an EmonSD image is not a normal process and it may be better to start from a standard Rasbian image with the desktop installed and use the Scripts to install. As this started from a ‘WAMP’ install, I suspect this is not what is required but TBC.

1 Like

Yes @ Brian. This would mean that if have both the local installation and the the cloud EmonCMS all together.

Ah so you are adding in another variable. Do you mean emoncms.org when you say ‘cloud’?