Victron Integration - feedback

fwiw (ok, not much…) diybms works with 1.6 as well (that’s what I’m using)
True I’d like to also change to influxdb 2 and also go up to latest grafana, simply no win64 exes atm (or last time I checked)

V.

I have my influxdb 2.0.8 and grafana running from a virtual windows server 2012r2 64bit, i have to startup influxdb manually via powershell everytime it boots up, but last time was 52 days ago…

virtual windows you mean you’re using docker or what?
EDIT: doh! there’s 2.4influxDB exe for win64… another project for when the weather turns foul :grin:

1 Like

No docker, i am running a windows server with hyper-v enabled. So i can have some “proper” virtual machines running. That hardware was mostly consumer stuff, nevertheless running for almost 7 years now, physsically a tv server (mediaportal), and virtually a mailserver and some test sessions of windows 10, server 2012, inluxdb, grafana etc. But my powerwall is situated far from the server, so i try to gether and manage data centrally.
Might try the inluxdb2.4 too

I found it Vas!
You were right about the adres, i did too few reboots of venusos large…
I had to remove the “/write” after “url:8086/api/v2”.
Now it is pumping values to my influxdb server (i also updated that to 2.4.0)
Lets see if i can make it put some graphs out into grafana.
As an illustration some grafana data from before my controller released the magic blue smoke…

IMG-20221017-WA0016

1 Like

nice, interesting that you do need the api/v2 and the port as well. will keep that in mind when I upgrade my 1.6!
Re grafana, what version have you got installed on the windows server?

V.

I am at grafana 8.1.3.0, but considering an upgrade to the latest (9.2 i think)…

Hello, does anyone actually have multiple controllers running in Venus? I have one each on the BMS-Can and on the VE-Can port. But I would like to connect 4 controllers. Have already 2 connected to the same bus but is not recognized. Greetings Detlev

A program that aggregates all your BMSes into a single one is fairly high up on my TODO list. It’s not that difficult, basically.

I didn’t believe victron supported multiple battery systems, but it’s been a while since I looked at that.

They still don’t. You have to select which BMS it uses. However, nothing prevents you from writing code that plays at being a BMS without anything physical behind it. Or in this case multiple things physical.

1 Like

2023-02-04_18h11_40

Hello guys,

I’m setting up a nice system and using the Victron function of DIY-BMS.
I get always this error (see screenshot).
There is an High Voltage Alarm poppig up at Venus OS (RPi3B+).
CVL = is 58,00 Volt

It seem it comes via CAN to Venus OS…

Anyone experienced same ?

Please sent screenshot of Victron BMS Integration settings from the BMS.
And check the Victron settings.

What do you have configured in the “rules” page in DIYBMS?

here are the rules.

Basically I confirmed the issue already, I compiled a new version with removing the “data.byte0” from CAN Bus. Then it worked.
I saw some more typos in the Victron Code, but did not have time to analyse it detail.
I’m just wondering if I’m the only one who has these errors? I thought some people are using the Victron feature.

Did someone generate a VE.CAN DBC file, or ask Victron for it?
I would make thinks much easier…

using victron code integration with rpi 3B+ running Venus for almost a year now. No issues, and I’m not alone.
As Joshy points, please post the Victron BMS Integration settings page from diyBMS maybe something is wrong there?

V.

Indeed there is one fault.
Timer 1 and Timer 2 should be only one times in the setup.
Switch to english language.
The it is correct.

Its an issue I reported alredy months ago.

Did you update SW?
I’m using Venus 3.00~15 (beta) and DIY BMS “2023-01-03-10-09”

no, bank is in the boat, fixed code on diyBMS in June before the season started. Venus is on 2.92Large
fwiw, values look okay, sorry don’t think I can help

V.