VEDirect Error over new emoncms installation

Hi all, I need help with these error on vedirect.
All was working good until I updated to emonSD-08May21
I’m getting checksum errors, but it doenst happen with older version of emonSD
Any help??

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/openenergymonitor/emonhub/src/interfacers/EmonHubVEDirectInterfacer.py", line 135, in _read_serial
    packet = self.input(self._ser.read())
  File "/opt/openenergymonitor/emonhub/src/interfacers/EmonHubVEDirectInterfacer.py", line 61, in input
    if self.key.decode() == 'Checksum':
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xbe in position 1477: invalid start byte
2021-09-05 05:04:33,570 DEBUG    VEDirect   Starting Serial read from Serial(port='/dev/ttyUSB0', baudrate=19200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=10, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False)
2021-09-05 05:04:33,573 ERROR    VEDirect   Read error
  File "/opt/openenergymonitor/emonhub/src/interfacers/EmonHubVEDirectInterfacer.py", line 135, in _read_serial
  File "/opt/openenergymonitor/emonhub/src/interfacers/EmonHubVEDirectInterfacer.py", line 61, in input
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xbe in position 1477: invalid start byte
2021-09-05 05:04:38,597 DEBUG    VEDirect   Starting Serial read from Serial(port='/dev/ttyUSB0', baudrate=19200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=10, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False)
2021-09-05 05:04:38,599 ERROR    VEDirect   Read error
2021-09-05 05:04:43,687 DEBUG    VEDirect   Starting Serial read from Serial(port='/dev/ttyUSB0', baudrate=19200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=10, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False)
2021-09-05 05:04:43,689 ERROR    VEDirect   Read error

LOG LEVEL: DEBUG #(DEFAULT:WARNING) 

Hello @mauriciosti thanks for letting us know and for creating an issue on the github repository. I will try and look into this and get back to you.

@TrystanLea I’ve updated this issue with a little detail.

Not sure it’s particularly helpful but I’m happy to work with you to sort the problem, if that’s of any use.

@mauriciosti - @bwduncan and I have been working on this issue and have what we believe may be a solution…

… but it would be good to have some more people test it out. Do you still have the problem and, if so, could you trial the fix for us?

Thanks.