Using Octopus Agile app with non-standard tariffs

I’ve just moved from Agile to Flux and was looking at changing the current Octopus Agile app, or copying it, to get the same graphing/costing output.

I started making changes to add in the import/export costs in the config but is it easier to just add new feeds for Flux/Go/Cosy etc. that output the data in the same format as the Agile feeds? Granted the feeds would be mostly the same day-in-day out but could they be spoofed or something?

I know the app has the option to add Go rates and times, but Flux has three import rates and three export rates, and Cosy has four time slots.

Opinions welcome before I get bogged down in config options!

1 Like

If anyone’s interested I’ve pushed a first draft that uses fixed values, it does what I want it to do for now.

The easiest in terms of implementation and updates would be to add the Flux, Cosy and Tracker codes to the “tariff” list in config.app, e.g. COSY-22-12-08. However, this will need someone at emoncms HQ (@TrystanLea) to update the “octopus” user to create these additional feeds. I guess has some external process that downloads the data from Octopus every day?

Full list of products available from https://api.octopus.energy/v1/products/

The most interesting ones are probably these:

• AGILE-23-12-06 (new)
  • COSY-22-12-08
  • GO-VAR-22-10-14
  • FLUX-IMPORT-23-02-14
  • INTELLI-VAR-22-10-14
  • INTELLI-FLUX-IMPORT-23-07-14

(no sign of Tracker tariff - may need to authenticate to see them; BB codes are for Bulb customers)

Being able to select export tariffs too would be a nice bonus, if they can be added.

2 Likes

Updating this for all possible tariffs, and making that selectable would be great.

If it needs an API Key to do so, no reason not to include that I’d suggest.

1 Like