Use custom NTP server on the WiFi relay

Try this version, has the password field extended to 64 chars.
You need to erase the whole flash before flashing this new version (use the first esptool sequence in my first post)

v3361.oem.bin (389.6 KB)

OK, trying just now, hold on

Works perfect, thank you!
Using my 63-character long WPA2 key.
And using my internal IP address of the NTP server, time syncs well.

May I suggest to update the WiFi MQTT Control Relay Thermostat - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor with the new firmware and especially the programming section with the correct command to erase & update the board.

I just read your findings on NTP in your article you linked above, I totally agree. You have this sentence in your article:

Rather, I’d dedicate that function to a gateway, which can act as a time master.

That’s exactly what I’m doing in my installations. I always deploy a local NTP server for the multitude of the devices in a local site. It’s by far safer, and more environment-friendly.
This is why I needed a way to enter my local NTP server in your excellent thermostat.

1 Like

Great to hear.

I’ve updated the WiFi relay repo with the new FW and change log:

I will update the user guide FW section to point to the readme in the firmware section of the repo.

Thank you.

I’d also suggest in the guide to change the date (from 2017) or remove it, and there are outdated flashing instructions at the end of the guide, which don’t work anymore (not even for the previous firmware release) they should be deleted to avoid confusion and bricking of the unit.

1 Like

Hi.
I am trying to load firmware oem.v3361.bin on a wemos D1 mini but it doesn’t work.
I think the problem is the memory address indicated in the flashing command 0x001000.
esptool.py --port COM5 --baud 230400 write_flash --flash_freq 80m --flash_mode dio
–flash_size detect 0x1000 oem.v3361.bin
Any suggestions?
Thank you

Solved.
For wemos D1 mini the flashing command is:
esptool.py --port COM5 --baud 115200 write_flash --flash_freq 80m --flash_mode
qio --flash_size detect 0x0000 boot_v1.7.bin 0x1000 oem.v3361.bin 0x3FC000 esp_init_data_default.bin 0x3FE000 blank.bin