Uploading ASHP data to emoncms.org

Hi all,

I use an EmonTX to monitor various power feeds in my house - grid, powerwall, solar etc. I also interrogate my ASHP via Modbus to get loads of info including flowrates, flow and return temperatures, heat output, CoP etc etc. I also use various old power monitors integrated via Domoticz and MQTT to give me a load of non-EmonCMS power data, all of which get collected by software I’ve written.

I have a few questions:
Is there a way to post all these other data feeds up to the servers so they can be included in my EmonCMS data, ie simulating Emontx data?
How is this best done - emulating an EmonTX, or via MQTT for example?
If this can be done, can these then then be integrated into the My Heat pump app?

Any help/guidance/suggestions gratefully received!
Many thanks
Andrew

I use some other Pis with external sensors / inputs to send the data via mqtt to my local emonpi/emoncms and generate feeds.

And yes, you can use these feeds for the heat pump app if they are providing the data it requires.

What is this done in? Python? How do you store the data?

By ‘up to the servers’ do you mean post to emoncms.org (the ‘cloud’ version of emoncms)?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. As I just have an EmonTX locally, can i use that for MQTT or should I install emonCMS on a Pi and go that way? I’m using Mosquitto on a Pi at the moment as a local MQTT broker for various feeds.
I’ve had a look through the documentation but any pointers/examples would be helpful.
Thanks
Andrdew

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I’m not a Python expert (definitely beginner status there!), and I’ve written the app in Visual Studio as I’ve had quite a lot of experience with that.

Sorry, I should have been more precise: yes, post up to my account on the cloud emoncms.org

Thanks

Andrew

You can upload data using the API. Examples will be found on the inputs page (on emoncms.org), top right. If you are using VS then that might be the easiest route.

You cannot though, use MQTT to upload the data externally.

I’ve edited the title which might get others chipping in.

Thanks Brian, that looks like it should be just the job.
Will give it a shot.